My stash just grew again 2024

Started by Spey_Phantom, December 31, 2023, 12:36:08 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

The Rat

"My mind is a raging torrent, flooded with rivulets of thought, cascading into a waterfall of creative alternatives." Hedley Lamarr, Blazing Saddles

Life is too short to worry about perfection

Youtube: https://tinyurl.com/46dpfdpr

Wardukw

In the mail today was a very nice set of figures ..the US Infantry Scout set from Tamiya.
Very nice moldings and even decals for the guys ..everything from Frist Sargent to private first class ..the weapons are nothing super special but still clean and usable.
These are ..well some parts of these are going to into my WW2 but not as ya know it diorama..I been wanting to mix up the figures I've already made with others and see what works better ..now I can  ;D
If it aint broke ,,fix it until it is .
Over kill is often very understated .
I know the voices in my head ain't real but they do come up with some great ideas.
Theres few of lifes problems that can't be solved with the proper application of a high explosive projectile .

Gondor

Received today from Hong Kong

1 x 1/35 Voyager Model PE 35683 Modern German MBT-70 (Gun barrel, smoke discharger, antenna base included) For one of the two MBT-70s I have.

Gondor
My Ability to Imagine is only exceeded by my Imagined Abilities

Gondor's Modelling Rule Number Three: Everything will fit perfectly untill you apply glue...

I know it's in a book I have around here somewhere....

Nick

Quote from: Gondor on May 08, 2024, 11:00:49 AMReceived today from Hong Kong

1 x 1/35 Voyager Model PE 35683 Modern German MBT-70 (Gun barrel, smoke discharger, antenna base included) For one of the two MBT-70s I have.

Gondor

That sounds good, which kit are you working from?

Gondor

Quote from: Nick on May 08, 2024, 11:12:16 PM
Quote from: Gondor on May 08, 2024, 11:00:49 AMReceived today from Hong Kong

Gondor

That sounds good, which kit are you working from?

The Takom kit. I have two of them. One to do roughly OOB as the German version and the other to convert into the American version.

GOndor

Gondor's Modelling Rule Number Three: Everything will fit perfectly untill you apply glue...

Rick Lowe

Quote from: PR19_Kit on May 07, 2024, 08:23:26 AM
Quote from: NARSES2 on May 06, 2024, 11:52:38 PM
Quote from: DogfighterZen on May 06, 2024, 09:43:56 PM1/72 kits are more expensive than a lot of 48th kits.

Yup, something I've noticed as well, just shows you that the major cost is in the pre-production phases rather than materials and production etc, although without access to figures I can't prove that, and I won't even get into the "well you've recovered your development costs now, shouldn't the price go down" argument  :angel: .

The one I struggle a little with if I'm honest is the disparity in price between say a new state of the art Eduard tooling and the equivalent Airfix ? However I've got to the age where I work on the basis of "if I want it I'll pay for it, unless someone is taking the pee", which a trader was on Saturday.

It's delving into the philosophy and economics of making plastic kits a bit, but my theory that there's a conspiracy amongst the manufacturers and magazine reviewers here holds good.

It says that they wanted us to all switch to 1/48 because they could charge more for the same amount of research, and only a little more expense on the tooling and raw styrene costs. But then the died-in-the-wool 1/72 modellers (like me....) said 'Stuff you!' and carried on buying 1/72 scale stuff. So the greedy manufacturers, thinking we'd all got used to the high prices of 1/48 stuff by then, cranked up the price of the 1/72 kits to match them!

Yeah well, it's my theory and I'm sticking to it.  ;D  ;)

I won't say you're wrong... it's about what I'd expect.

Applies to a lot of things... "You know, it could always be worse..."

PR19_Kit

Quote from: Rick Lowe on May 09, 2024, 10:58:11 PMApplies to a lot of things... "You know, it could always be worse..."

Yeah, they could be conspiring to get us to all change to 1/24 scale!  :o
Kit's Rule 1 ) Any aircraft can be improved by fitting longer wings, and/or a longer fuselage
Kit's Rule 2) The backstory can always be changed to suit the model

...and I'm not a closeted 'Take That' fan, I'm a REAL fan! :)

Regards
Kit

Gondor

I know what you mean about prices. A couple of weeks ago I paid £70 for a 1/144 kit

and I was happy about it too as it was a very rare plastic C-5 Galaxy  :thumbsup:

Gondor

zenrat

Quote from: Gondor on May 07, 2024, 06:05:12 AM
Quote from: zenrat on May 07, 2024, 03:49:59 AMThe chopper crew has a minigunner but not a weapon for him to grip.  BNA have a 1/72 brass and resin minigun but would it drive me insane trying to build it?

One way to find out  :rolleyes:

Gondor

You're right.  Should arrive next week.
Fred

- Can't be bothered to do the proper research and get it right.

Another ill conceived, lazily thought out, crudely executed and badly painted piece of half arsed what-if modelling muppetry from zenrat industries.

zenrat industries:  We're everywhere...for your convenience..

Old Wombat

Just ordered (with some trepidation given my last experience - no fault of the supplier's) another expensive purchase from Hannants;

Hong Kong Models 1/48 North-American B-25J Mitchell (HKM01F008) - not sure if I'll go RW or scheme/markings-only whif.

Has a life outside of What-If & wishes it would stop interfering!

"The purpose of all War is Peace" - St. Augustine

veritas ad mortus veritas est

Wardukw

Well I did it..I  won a auction for a 48th Tamiya F-35 A today ..finally got one  ;D  ;D

Now ive got both A and B versions ..the B is a Kitty Hawk kit which is fine ..payed less than JS for that .
Never thought I'd own one let alone two of em ..Im quite chuffed guys 😊
I know the voices in my head ain't real but they do come up with some great ideas.
Theres few of lifes problems that can't be solved with the proper application of a high explosive projectile .

Wardukw

OK just got offered 3 things and the stupid side of me said yes before the smarter sudd could butt in 😆
This is just what I got ..
1/35 Trumpeter E-100 Flakpanzer w/12.8cm Flak 40
PLA ZBL-09 Snow Leopard IFV 8x8 by HobbyBoss in  1:35th
And WWII German Ambush Camouflage Stencil Type B by Alexen Model .
It's going to be a pretty good bd after all ...hopefully

Gondor

Quote from: Wardukw on May 10, 2024, 10:11:49 PMWell I did it..I  won a auction for a 48th Tamiya F-35 A today ..finally got one  ;D  ;D

Now ive got both A and B versions ..the B is a Kitty Hawk kit which is fine ..payed less than JS for that .

You do know that the USN has the C variant  ;D

Gondor

Wardukw

Quote from: Gondor on May 11, 2024, 02:13:15 AM
Quote from: Wardukw on May 10, 2024, 10:11:49 PMWell I did it..I  won a auction for a 48th Tamiya F-35 A today ..finally got one  ;D  ;D

You do know that the USN has the C variant  ;D

Gondor
Ahhhh crap  :banghead:  ;D

Gondor

Received this afternoon from the BIG yellow H

1 x 1/72 Modelvit 72078 Mirage 2000C

Gondor