Avro Woodford Jet • FIN •

Started by Vulcan7, September 18, 2023, 06:37:40 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

PR19_Kit

I LOVE the way you do those magazine entries and box-top things!  :wub:

How about a teach-in on how you do it please?
Kit's Rule 1 ) Any aircraft can be improved by fitting longer wings, and/or a longer fuselage
Kit's Rule 2) The backstory can always be changed to suit the model

...and I'm not a closeted 'Take That' fan, I'm a REAL fan! :)

Regards
Kit

Vulcan7

Sure I'll try and do a step by step guide in the modelling tips etc. Section. You will need some kind of Photoshop or equivalent  :thumbsup:
"My grandad fought in WW1 and used to make Mosquito wings in WW2"

Weaver

Oh that's a lovely job, and the kit box and magazine article are great!  :thumbsup:  :thumbsup:  :thumbsup:

Quote from: PR19_Kit on September 28, 2023, 08:33:43 AMCanard aircraft have a very wide CG range apparently, I'm not sure why, but they do, so the bomb bay in the middle of the fuselage should work fine.

It's not so much canards as tandem wings that have the wide CofG range. Basically, you can adjust the centre of lift by always applying an upwards trim force at one end or the other, and since both surfaces are large, you can do it with relatively small trim surface deflections which don't induce much drag.
"Things need not have happened to be true. Tales and dreams are the shadow-truths that will endure when mere facts are dust and ashes, and forgot."
 - Sandman: A Midsummer Night's Dream, by Neil Gaiman

"I dunno, I'm making this up as I go."
 - Indiana Jones

buzzbomb

Very good build and presentation using the boxtop and magazine images.. very inventive.

Is the masking still on the rear turret transparencies ?

Vulcan7

Quote from: buzzbomb on October 03, 2023, 02:26:42 PMVery good build and presentation using the boxtop and magazine images.. very inventive.

No all gun turrets are remotely controlled on this version so they are not transparent

:cheers:

Rheged

"If you can keep your head when all about you
Are losing theirs and blaming it on you....."
It  means that you read  the instruction sheet

buzzbomb

Quote from: Vostoc7 on October 03, 2023, 03:17:15 PM
Quote from: buzzbomb on October 03, 2023, 02:26:42 PMVery good build and presentation using the boxtop and magazine images.. very inventive.

No all gun turrets are remotely controlled on this version so they are not transparent

:cheers:

:thumbsup:  :thumbsup:

zenrat

Fred

- Can't be bothered to do the proper research and get it right.

Another ill conceived, lazily thought out, crudely executed and badly painted piece of half arsed what-if modelling muppetry from zenrat industries.

zenrat industries:  We're everywhere...for your convenience..

Weaver

Quote from: Vostoc7 on September 28, 2023, 01:52:50 AMTo be honest I'm surprised no-one has done this design by now as the book came out in 2004.

Fantastic Plastic did a resin version of the cover aircraft (Vickers?) in 1/144th scale. I've seen one or two at shows.
"Things need not have happened to be true. Tales and dreams are the shadow-truths that will endure when mere facts are dust and ashes, and forgot."
 - Sandman: A Midsummer Night's Dream, by Neil Gaiman

"I dunno, I'm making this up as I go."
 - Indiana Jones

Vulcan7

Quote from: Weaver on October 04, 2023, 03:44:54 AM
Quote from: Vostoc7 on September 28, 2023, 01:52:50 AMTo be honest I'm surprised no-one has done this design by now as the book came out in 2004.

Fantastic Plastic did a resin version of the cover aircraft (Vickers?) in 1/144th scale. I've seen one or two at shows.

cool thanks I'll have a search for pics  :thumbsup:

PR19_Kit

Quote from: Weaver on October 04, 2023, 03:44:54 AMFantastic Plastic did a resin version of the cover aircraft (Vickers?) in 1/144th scale. I've seen one or two at shows.

The late great Mike McEvoy built more than a couple of them, it's a really good kit, but not cheap of course.
Kit's Rule 1 ) Any aircraft can be improved by fitting longer wings, and/or a longer fuselage
Kit's Rule 2) The backstory can always be changed to suit the model

...and I'm not a closeted 'Take That' fan, I'm a REAL fan! :)

Regards
Kit

NARSES2

Do not condemn the judgement of another because it differs from your own. You may both be wrong.

smeds

The Rat

"My mind is a raging torrent, flooded with rivulets of thought, cascading into a waterfall of creative alternatives." Hedley Lamarr, Blazing Saddles

Life is too short to worry about perfection

Youtube: https://tinyurl.com/46dpfdpr