Something for everyone (or almost everyone)

Started by Faust, July 08, 2023, 09:34:01 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Faust

One of my favourite things as a modeller is seeing kits in person you never thought you'd see; Either built, at a show, or better yet, for sale somewhere so you can add it to your stash! For me, that's tied with the thrill of finding out there IS a kit of THAT, whatever weird and wonderful "that" that maybe.

No wonder, then, I love going to antiques stores and swap meets – it's like a giant garage sale of potential sprue awesomeness! It's rare to find a lot of variety, but this spring proved to have a bumper crop of old and varied models out there waiting for me! About the only thing I build that I didn't get was armour, but that's okay.

Check out my last few months' haul below for a little bit of everything from around the world! There's gotta be something in there to make you smile. There's also some good stuff for Whiffing in there too!

https://adamrehorn.wordpress.com/spring-2023-haul/

jcf

The Gloria is one of several period cars that were influenced by the styling of the first model Corvair.
In particular the belt-line ridge. 

You cannot view this attachment.

PR19_Kit

Ah the Corvair, wonderful machine, taught me about oversteer.  ;D
Kit's Rule 1 ) Any aircraft can be improved by fitting longer wings, and/or a longer fuselage
Kit's Rule 2) The backstory can always be changed to suit the model

...and I'm not a closeted 'Take That' fan, I'm a REAL fan! :)

Regards
Kit

Dizzyfugu

And, just for reference, comrades, the Soviet interpretation, the ZAZ Zaporozhets 968:

Survivors have become quite popular these days!

Leading Observer

May I suggest the Hillman Imp as a contender in this class?
LO

Observation is the most enduring of lifes pleasures

PR19_Kit

Quote from: Leading Observer on July 13, 2023, 01:22:17 AMMay I suggest the Hillman Imp as a contender in this class?

You certainly may! A super little car, I had 3-4 of them at various times, one of which I built myself. (It's a long story...)

There was also the NSU Prinz 4, of  similar shape.

Kit's Rule 1 ) Any aircraft can be improved by fitting longer wings, and/or a longer fuselage

Regards
Kit

killnoizer

But the later Prinz 1000 and the type 110 from NSU was the real hit in Germany  :thumbsup: 
That was my first FULL RESTORATION  back in 1990 .  Worked around 14 month until every piece was perfect .
The 4 cylinder engine is a dream design !
At all I owned around 10 of them between 87 - 96 .

It's a Land Rover, NOT a Jeep . Like a Jeep, but for gentlemen.

https://www.spacejunks.com/

PR19_Kit

Was the engine sideways in the Prinz 1000 and NSU 110, or fore and aft like the Imp?

Regards
Kit

killnoizer

Cylinder Row was from left to right between the back wheels  exhaust direct behind .  A dream to work on , clutch could be changed complete alone in under one hour for example .
It's a Land Rover, NOT a Jeep . Like a Jeep, but for gentlemen.

https://www.spacejunks.com/