Fink Tank. Pz.Kpfw.1 Ausf A Rod Tank. Finished pics page 10.

Started by zenrat, June 22, 2023, 05:45:05 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Wardukw

Ahh that's right ..that's a driver training Panzer 1 so completely open topped ..custom drivers seat I take it  :wacko:
Oh you also loose the original steering levers and convert it to modern hydraulic steering with a steering wheel  :thumbsup:
If it aint broke ,,fix it until it is .
Over kill is often very understated .
I know the voices in my head ain't real but they do come up with some great ideas.
Theres few of lifes problems that can't be solved with the proper application of a high explosive projectile .

zenrat

It has a driver figure so modifications to seating and controls need to take him into account.
A sheet metal bomber seat might be the go but I like the look of the control levers - old skool controls for an old skool rod tank.   :mellow:

Jon - a car with chain primary drive seems weird to me.  That's motorcycle territory.  Nice big chunky Hyvo chain though.  They always look good.
Fred

- Can't be bothered to do the proper research and get it right.

Another ill conceived, lazily thought out, crudely executed and badly painted piece of half arsed what-if modelling muppetry from zenrat industries.

zenrat industries:  We're everywhere...for your convenience..

Wardukw

Quote from: zenrat on July 18, 2023, 04:34:32 AMIt has a driver figure so modifications to seating and controls need to take him into account.
A sheet metal bomber seat might be the go but I like the look of the control levers - old skool controls for an old skool rod  :mellow:
Go with what grabs ya matey 👌
I like the control levers ideas as well so ..the steering wheel is modern so old school style it is 😊
I know the voices in my head ain't real but they do come up with some great ideas.
Theres few of lifes problems that can't be solved with the proper application of a high explosive projectile .

PR19_Kit

Yeah, that's one SERIOUS chain!  :thumbsup:

Wasn't there a Caddy with the same FWD system as the Toronado, or was that something else entirely?
Kit's Rule 1 ) Any aircraft can be improved by fitting longer wings, and/or a longer fuselage
Kit's Rule 2) The backstory can always be changed to suit the model

...and I'm not a closeted 'Take That' fan, I'm a REAL fan! :)

Regards
Kit

scooter

Quote from: PR19_Kit on July 18, 2023, 12:16:44 PMYeah, that's one SERIOUS chain!  :thumbsup:

Wasn't there a Caddy with the same FWD system as the Toronado, or was that something else entirely?
67 Eldorado
The F-106- 26 December 1956 to 8 August 1988
Gone But Not Forgotten

QuoteOh are you from Wales ?? Do you know a fella named Jonah ?? He used to live in whales for a while.
— Groucho Marx

My dA page: Scooternjng

Wardukw

Quote from: scooter on July 18, 2023, 12:29:43 PM
Quote from: PR19_Kit on July 18, 2023, 12:16:44 PMYeah, that's one SERIOUS chain!  :thumbsup:

67 Eldorado
Yeah and with a 500 cid engine ..I think still the largest factory installed V8 engine ever .

jcf

The Unitized Power Package was also used on the GMC Motorhome.

The 500 in3 V-8 was introduced for the 1970 model year, the Eldorado had a 429 when introduced in
1967 and went to a 472 for 1968. 

Ate Up With Motor has good histories of the Toronado and Eldorado. It's an excellent automotive history site.

Toronado

Eldorado

PR19_Kit

Quote from: jcf on July 18, 2023, 09:14:47 PMAte Up With Motor has good histories of the Toronado and Eldorado. It's an excellent automotive history site.

Toronado

Eldorado

Fascinating site Jon, thanks for the link.  :thumbsup:

I can foresee many hours being spent there.  ;D
Kit's Rule 1 ) Any aircraft can be improved by fitting longer wings, and/or a longer fuselage

Regards
Kit

zenrat

Fred

Another ill conceived, lazily thought out, crudely executed and badly painted piece of half arsed what-if modelling muppetry from zenrat industries.

PR19_Kit

THAT'S something I didn't know.  :thumbsup:

But it makes a lot of sense.

Regards
Kit

zenrat

Engine/transmission unit behind the driver allows a low flat floor for the interior - no transmission tunnel required.
Fred

zenrat

I love the Pink Panther car.  There is a 1/25 kit by Doyusha which is very hard to get and has shape problems (most obviously with the nose which is too short).
I have the glue bombed body parts from one somebody crudely painted silver.  One day i'll do something with them.
Compare the large box art pic with the smaller actual model photo.

As far as the Rod Tank goes, today I continued gluing the engine together, built an engine mount, and painted the transmission.
Fred

Wardukw

Damn that nose is way to short 😳
Would be fun to fix that  :wacko:

Rick Lowe

Quote from: zenrat on July 20, 2023, 04:27:55 AMI love the Pink Panther car.  There is a 1/25 kit by Doyusha which is very hard to get and has shape problems (most obviously with the nose which is too short).
I have the glue bombed body parts from one somebody crudely painted silver.  One day i'll do something with them.
Compare the large box art pic with the smaller actual model photo.

As far as the Rod Tank goes, today I continued gluing the engine together, built an engine mount, and painted the transmission.

I could have sworn I'd seen that in the movie Freejack (with Emilio Estevez, Renee Russo and Mick Jagger), but it appears not... hmmm... curious now.

Ooh, here's another free printable:

https://cults3d.com/en/3d-model/various/auto-coche-cars-pantera-rosa-pink-phanter

Looks to have been scanned from the kit, as the nose is still too short, but it's a starting point.
And there are these places here, (or there! ;) ) for getting the job done:
https://www.zeal3dprinting.com.au/services/3d-printing-services/
https://www.kad3d.com.au/sydney-3d-printing/

Probably others too, but again, it gets you started and you can get a ballpark figure.

zenrat

Thanks Rick.  Something to think about.

A progress shot.  Both engine mounts made and glued in.  Engine is just propped in place as is the valve cover and the velocity stacks (which are electrical wiring ferrules).

Rod Tank WIP 21-07-2023 by Fred Maillardet, on Flickr

Engine looks even bigger now but remember it's a Panzer 1 which was a very small tank.  I'm glad I rethought my plan to use a 1/20 engine.
Fred