F-23S Super Widow (finished page 2)

Started by Tophe, May 27, 2023, 10:14:18 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Tophe

I was feeling sad, with bad news from the hospital about my future :unsure:  :-\ , then my (marvelous) wife said « you should buy a model kit », and the smile came back on my face, thanks ! <_<  ;D
I selected the Trumpeter YF-23 1/144 kit, cheap (9€) from China. And receiving it is scheduled for June 28, I think I will still be at home, not in final hospitalisation yet.
Of course this will not be a simple OOB YF-23 Black Widow II, no, but a tailless twin-fin low-wing F-23S Super Widow. I mean I wish my wife to be happy in the next years.
[the word "realistic" hurts my heart...]

thundereagle1997

I'm so sorry to hear about your cancer diagnosis. Is it fatal? I'm so shocked by this & my full condolences to you & your family, I'm so sorry to hear about this.

Tophe

we will see the future, waiting for it let us joke about non existent aircraft ;)

McColm

You'd be better off and buy the X-32 to use as the donor kit it's roughly the same shape as your drawing, a fuselage swap and a few tweaks.

perttime

Does it have engines of some kind, or is it a glider?

-----------------------------------------------------------------------
Earlier this year, a guy I know was diagnosed with a bad case of cancer in the head, and given weeks or months to live. He was in bad shape. Some weeks later, he went to get his head scanned again and other tests were taken. He wasn't dying after all. Turns out he had Acute disseminated encephalomyelitis (ADEM), "a neurological disorder characterized by brief but widespread attacks of inflammation (swelling) in the brain". It can look just like cancer in scans. I met him a week ago and he seemed to be pretty well recovered.

Tophe

The X-32 (Italeri) kit is 1/72 and I have not room enough in my shelves... I build almost only 1/144 now. :unsure:
And yes, the F-23S has no jet engine, but it is not a glider: it is powered by The Force (of The Dreamer dreaming this world) ;)

NARSES2

Quote from: Tophe on May 27, 2023, 11:47:47 PMwe will see the future, waiting for it let us joke about non existent aircraft ;)

Great outlook on life Tophe  :thumbsup:  :thumbsup:
Do not condemn the judgement of another because it differs from your own. You may both be wrong.

Vulcan7

Great looking F-23S flying wing  :tornado:  :thumbsup:
"My grandad fought in WW1 and used to make Mosquito wings in WW2"

DogfighterZen

Tophe, just say it has a anti-gravity propulsion system! It looks like it could fly in space.  :mellow:  :thumbsup:
"Sticks and stones may break some bones but a 3.57's gonna blow your damn head off!!"

Tophe

Tophe

I received the kit today from China, in advance.
No box, no colour art, but it will be OK. <_<

Tophe

Here are the 5 parts I am going to use: <_<

I have already glued the canopy on, and I consider making it a sesquiplane (rather than sad monoplane) ;)

Tophe

Here is the updated project, sesquiplane: :unsure:

Tophe

The huge truncation has occurred:  :unsure:  :-\

I have not removed the front of what was the wing, that could become tailplanes maybe... ;)

Vulcan7

Quote from: Tophe on June 08, 2023, 11:34:19 PMHere is the updated project, sesquiplane: :unsure:

that looks very cool  :mellow:  :mellow:  :mellow:  :thumbsup:  :thumbsup:  :thumbsup:
"My grandad fought in WW1 and used to make Mosquito wings in WW2"