The fastest freighter ever, the 'Stretchcorde'

Started by PR19_Kit, November 19, 2022, 06:50:38 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

PR19_Kit

It might be if I don't run out of putty! :(

I'm getting through it like no tomorrow!
Kit's Rule 1 ) Any aircraft can be improved by fitting longer wings, and/or a longer fuselage
Kit's Rule 2) The backstory can always be changed to suit the model

...and I'm not a closeted 'Take That' fan, I'm a REAL fan! :)

Regards
Kit

PR19_Kit

The 'S' bit of the first PSR session is taking an age!

The fuselage of the Conroycorde is so long it just goes on and on, and the DC8 upper lobe is JUST as long of course! The add-on wing section takes a fair amount of 'P' too, and therefore a lot of 'S' as well.  :banghead:

I'm getting there, but it's a long job.
Kit's Rule 1 ) Any aircraft can be improved by fitting longer wings, and/or a longer fuselage

Regards
Kit

McColm

Are you going to name the plane  Ernie , the fastest milk-run in the West.

PR19_Kit

No, as it'll be flown by Flying Tigers the significance would be lost on the US market. 

Regards
Kit

McColm

NARSES2

Do not condemn the judgement of another because it differs from your own. You may both be wrong.

Tophe

Quote from: NARSES2 on November 26, 2022, 12:34:48 AM
Quote from: McColm on November 25, 2022, 10:17:43 AMBenny Hill was popular in the USA.
True and I've never quite understood why ?  :angel:
Benny Hill jokes were very popular also in France. Like a worldwide success, and the Concorde is jealous, having failed to seduce that way...
[the word "realistic" hurts my heart...]

zenrat

Quote from: Tophe on November 26, 2022, 01:14:54 AM
Quote from: NARSES2 on November 26, 2022, 12:34:48 AM
Quote from: McColm on November 25, 2022, 10:17:43 AMBenny Hill was popular in the USA.
True and I've never quite understood why ?  :angel:
Benny Hill jokes were very popular also in France. Like a worldwide success, and the Concorde is jealous, having failed to seduce that way...

Big boobs, cleavage, short skirts, stockings.  What's not to like?
 ;)
Fred

- Can't be bothered to do the proper research and get it right.

Another ill conceived, lazily thought out, crudely executed and badly painted piece of half arsed what-if modelling muppetry from zenrat industries.

zenrat industries:  We're everywhere...for your convenience..

PR19_Kit

After the FOURTH round of PSR on the Conroycorde's wing upper surface I think it's about there on the smoothness front. Of course a coat of primer will prove how wrong I am..........

You cannot view this attachment.

I've just started on the underside too, but that's a lot less uneven than the upper surface, and the various bits of fuselage are coming along too.

Airfix seem to have different fuselage diameters for the early and late Concorde versions, which doesn't help much. :(

Regards
Kit

PR19_Kit

A bit of a fundamental problem with this build. I've mentioned how hard and brittle the old Revell DC8 fuselage was before and I'd had problems even gluing the two sides to each other using Revell glue, but now they've started to crack apart and even gel superglue doesn't really want to hold them.  :(

Gluing the DC8 upper lobe onto the Concorde lower has proved to be equally difficult, and indeed impossible up to now.  :(

I'm starting to think in terms of Araldite or another epoxy glue, I sure don't want the top half to come off after I've PSR'd and painted it.  :o

Regards
Kit

Tophe

Poor Kit, facing Real World bad problems... :unsure:
What-if there was a perfect glue? <_<
(easy to say, but not to find) :-\
[the word "realistic" hurts my heart...]

PR19_Kit

Thought the gel superglue was just that, but it isn't. :(

Regards
Kit

McColm

PR19_Kit

Because it needs to be that size to look right, and it was available too....................

Regards
Kit