Laos Pt.2: Mooney C-10B Hopi (Done, see page 2)

Started by comrade harps, October 24, 2022, 07:36:15 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

comrade harps

Instead of the (kind of) RW C-10 Jetstream, this will be a short-fuselage Mitsubishi MU-2 (Hasegawa 1/72nd).  The Crucial Forge One bit will be the SAR mods, but for different a role: all-weather logistic support for Lao guerillas. fighting the Reds in the 1960s.
Whatever.

Flyer

Will you be modifying the tail group to have straight leading edges and forward swept trailing edges to give it a proper Mooney look?
"I'm a precisional instrument of speed and aromatics." - Tow Mater.

"People say nothing is impossible, but I do nothing all day." - A. A. Milne.

comrade harps

Quote from: Flyer on October 24, 2022, 09:39:58 PMWill you be modifying the tail group to have straight leading edges and forward swept trailing edges to give it a proper Mooney look?

l hadn't thought of that. l like the idea, but it's probably beyond my skill set.

l'll have to explain the discrepancy in my backstory.

I chose Mooney as the manufacturer because, in the RW, they license built the MU-2.

Whatever.

Flyer

Quote from: comrade harps on October 25, 2022, 12:32:19 AMI chose Mooney as the manufacturer because, in the RW, they license built the MU-2.

I was not aware of that. Standard MU-2 tail it is then, although a Mooney tail shape would certainly change it's look. :thumbsup:
"I'm a precisional instrument of speed and aromatics." - Tow Mater.

"People say nothing is impossible, but I do nothing all day." - A. A. Milne.

comrade harps

Quote from: Flyer on October 25, 2022, 01:45:24 AM
Quote from: comrade harps on October 25, 2022, 12:32:19 AMI chose Mooney as the manufacturer because, in the RW, they license built the MU-2.

I was not aware of that. Standard MU-2 tail it is then, although a Mooney tail shape would certainly change it's look. :thumbsup:

Backstory suitably modified.
Whatever.

kerick

Just say the people at Mooney wanted to change it but the engineering was too expensive and it violated the license contract. And the people at Mitsubishi were threatening unspeakable things.......
The last sentence is optional.
" Somewhere, between half true, and completely crazy, is a rainbow of nice colours "
Tophe the Wise

comrade harps

Quote from: kerick on October 25, 2022, 08:13:01 AMJust say the people at Mooney wanted to change it but the engineering was too expensive and it violated the license contract. And the people at Mitsubishi were threatening unspeakable things.......
The last sentence is optional.

Not Mitsubishi. A little more obscure than that. But, l do like the too expensive bit.
Whatever.

comrade harps

Just changed it from C-10A to C-10B after a backstory review.
Whatever.

comrade harps

Whatever.

comrade harps

Just finished building my 2nd Laotian fighter-bomber (Laos Pt.3) so nearly ready to start on this kit, once l take the photos and post the backstory of the Laotian jet.

Changed the name of this to Laos Pt.2 because it's chronologically the 2nd in the series by year.

Whatever.

zenrat

Fred

- Can't be bothered to do the proper research and get it right.

Another ill conceived, lazily thought out, crudely executed and badly painted piece of half arsed what-if modelling muppetry from zenrat industries.

zenrat industries:  We're everywhere...for your convenience..

comrade harps

Quote from: zenrat on November 13, 2022, 03:34:22 AM
Quote from: comrade harps on November 07, 2022, 03:20:41 AMObligatory kit shot:

I've not seen that boxing.  She looks good in that scheme.

Recent boxing.

Mine is going to be drab, but.  :-\
Whatever.

comrade harps

Whatever.

Old Wombat

Has a life outside of What-If & wishes it would stop interfering!

"The purpose of all War is Peace" - St. Augustine

veritas ad mortus veritas est

comrade harps

Whatever.