Searching for 1/72 scale modern US Navy sailor figures.

Started by seadude, June 22, 2022, 02:47:31 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

seadude

I guess this would be right forum for this.?
I'm searching for 1/72 scale modern US Navy sailor figures. Preferably in white dress uniforms like you see manning the rails in some pictures.
If none can be found, then are there any 3D printable files someplace where modern US Navy sailor figures can be printed?
I need at least 47 figures for a future Iowa battleship memorial model I have in mind.
Modeling isn't just about how good the gluing or painting, etc. looks. It's also about how creative and imaginative you can be with a subject.

NARSES2

Just to cover your bases I'd post this in General Modelling Topics as well if I was you. :thumbsup:

Chris
Do not condemn the judgement of another because it differs from your own. You may both be wrong.

Old Wombat

I've done some searching but can't find anything to suit.

1/72 is difficult enough but dress uniform on parade is even more difficult, especially for USN sailors.

Sorry! :-\
Has a life outside of What-If & wishes it would stop interfering!

"The purpose of all War is Peace" - St. Augustine

veritas ad mortus veritas est

seadude

Thanks for the advice. I know I'm hitting a brick wall with this subject.  :banghead:
But I'm hoping that maybe somewhere I'll eventually find something.
Modeling isn't just about how good the gluing or painting, etc. looks. It's also about how creative and imaginative you can be with a subject.

kitnut617

If I'm not building models, I'm out riding my dirtbike

Nick

I did find some modern US Navy figures in 1/72 but they are printed by Shapeways, cost $30 for 15 figures, wearing the digi camo and are not standing to attention.
https://www.shapeways.com/product/TVJ9KN9R8/1-72-usn-modern-sailors-set001

Do also look at 1/87 figures.

You might be better off having someone design a few figures in appropriate poses and having a batch printed off. Goodness knows what that might cost.

seadude

Quote from: Nick on August 29, 2022, 10:49:45 AMI did find some modern US Navy figures in 1/72 but they are printed by Shapeways, cost $30 for 15 figures, wearing the digi camo and are not standing to attention.
https://www.shapeways.com/product/TVJ9KN9R8/1-72-usn-modern-sailors-set001

Do also look at 1/87 figures.

You might be better off having someone design a few figures in appropriate poses and having a batch printed off. Goodness knows what that might cost.

I've seen just about all the figures that person makes and NOTHING will work for my needs. I'm not buying from him.

Steel Penguin

other places that may be worth a look, ( but it will be a slog , sorry) are model train / rail road shops, manufacturers, and wargames figure supplyers  1:72 is 15-20mm depending on the companys scale ( wargames figurs mesure from base of foot to eye level,  its due to hats, helms, helmets shakos and headgear, please dont ask more than that its someting that can drive you to distraction)   id offer sugestions but im afraid that i dont operate in either of the  2 areas, so am at rather a loss for more.
the things you learn, give your mind the wings to fly, and the chains to hold yourself steady
take off and nuke the site form orbit, nope, time for the real thing, CAM and gridfire, call special circumstances. 
wow, its like freefalling into the Geofront
Not a member of the Hufflepuff conspiracy!

NARSES2

Quote from: Steel Penguin on August 29, 2022, 12:23:04 PM( wargames figurs mesure from base of foot to eye level,  its due to hats, helms, helmets shakos and headgear, please dont ask more than that its someting that can drive you to distraction) 

Tell me about it, I still have nightmares.
Do not condemn the judgement of another because it differs from your own. You may both be wrong.

Steel Penguin

narses i beleve the quote from Apocalipse now is  relevent   "  the horror,  the horror"    :banghead:
the things you learn, give your mind the wings to fly, and the chains to hold yourself steady
take off and nuke the site form orbit, nope, time for the real thing, CAM and gridfire, call special circumstances. 
wow, its like freefalling into the Geofront
Not a member of the Hufflepuff conspiracy!

NARSES2