Vultee Vengeance ideas...

Started by The Rat, February 23, 2022, 09:46:12 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

The Rat

Quote from: NARSES2 on February 24, 2022, 05:51:26 AM
Quote from: Mossie on February 23, 2022, 01:52:29 PM
Did someone do a French Vengeance?  I'm guessing it'd be Narses. They were ordered but France fell before delivery and the RAF took a good chunk instead.

I may have done but can't find the evidence at the moment.

Quote from: The Rat on February 23, 2022, 04:20:45 PM

Believe they had about 40 set aside for France, but events overtook things. I was toying with that, but I think the only French decals I have are post-war.

I  can help with the torpedo and French markings Ratty

:thumbsup: PM inbound!
"My mind is a raging torrent, flooded with rivulets of thought, cascading into a waterfall of creative alternatives." Hedley Lamarr, Blazing Saddles

Life is too short to worry about perfection

Youtube: https://tinyurl.com/46dpfdpr

NARSES2

PM received, reply sent, bits will be in the post  ;) :thumbsup:
Do not condemn the judgement of another because it differs from your own. You may both be wrong.

NARSES2

Quote from: NARSES2 on February 24, 2022, 05:51:26 AM
Quote from: Mossie on February 23, 2022, 01:52:29 PM
Did someone do a French Vengeance?  I'm guessing it'd be Narses. They were ordered but France fell before delivery and the RAF took a good chunk instead.

I may have done but can't find the evidence at the moment.

Reason I can't find it is because I did a Free French Dauntless  ;D
Do not condemn the judgement of another because it differs from your own. You may both be wrong.

Mossie

There's a wiff, paint a Dauntless in Vengeance colours, see who notices... not us! :angel:
I don't think it's nice, you laughin'. You see, my mule don't like people laughin'. He gets the crazy idea you're laughin' at him. Now if you apologize, like I know you're going to, I might convince him that you really didn't mean it.

McColm

Give it some floats or a hull- float plane.

zenrat

Fred

- Can't be bothered to do the proper research and get it right.

Another ill conceived, lazily thought out, crudely executed and badly painted piece of half arsed what-if modelling muppetry from zenrat industries.

zenrat industries:  We're everywhere...for your convenience..

NARSES2

Scotaidh

Quote from: NARSES2 on February 26, 2022, 05:43:42 AM
Quote from: zenrat on February 26, 2022, 02:40:37 AM
This...

Quote from: joncarrfarrelly on February 23, 2022, 01:34:44 PM

...is excellent and has my cogs turning.

I hate to taxi it let alone land it  :angel:

Just do what FAA pilots did with the Corsair - approach in a turn, looking over the  inside wing to orient on the runway, then straighten up and land with faith in your ability to land  - nose up, low sink rate, throttle back. 

How do you think tail-wheel aircraft pilots do it?
Thistle dew, Pig - thistle dew!

Where am I going?  And why am I in a handbasket?

It's dark in the dark when it's dark. Ancient Ogre Proverb

"All right, boyz - the plan iz 'Win.'  And if ya lose, it's yer own fault 'coz ya didn't follow the plan."

PR19_Kit

Same way as Spitfire/Seafire pilots did it, it's called a 'Spitfire Approach' in some places even today.
Kit's Rule 1 ) Any aircraft can be improved by fitting longer wings, and/or a longer fuselage
Kit's Rule 2) The backstory can always be changed to suit the model

...and I'm not a closeted 'Take That' fan, I'm a REAL fan! :)

Regards
Kit

thundereagle1997

Single seat bubble canopy version with R-2800 Doucle Wasp or R-4360 Wasp Major