Retro WWII Apache whopper chopper

Started by kerick, January 20, 2022, 08:07:36 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Old Wombat

Has a life outside of What-If & wishes it would stop interfering!

"The purpose of all War is Peace" - St. Augustine

veritas ad mortus veritas est

NARSES2

Do not condemn the judgement of another because it differs from your own. You may both be wrong.

Steel Penguin

keeps looking better every update   :thumbsup:
the things you learn, give your mind the wings to fly, and the chains to hold yourself steady
take off and nuke the site form orbit, nope, time for the real thing, CAM and gridfire, call special circumstances. 
wow, its like freefalling into the Geofront
Not a member of the Hufflepuff conspiracy!

kerick

Well, I'm calling this one done! It's been a challenge all the way but I think its been worth it. Craziest thing has been the paint. I used a hardware store brand of satin white primer to prime it and apply the white for the invasion stripes. Nothing else would stick to it. The Tamiya acylics would flake off just sneezing at it. I've never touched up something so many times in my life. Fortunately the final touch up still matched the first application of paint even after gloss coat and flat. So a big plus there. Enough groaning here's the pics.

IMG_5632

IMG_5633

IMG_5635

A couple of plastic chips managed to stick to the inside of the canopy somehow. No big deal. Maybe they'll drop off someday. Overall I think it turned out pretty good.
" Somewhere, between half true, and completely crazy, is a rainbow of nice colours "
Tophe the Wise

Wardukw

Lovely stuff man. ..the paint looks great with what we in the professional paint world call a certifiable freaking nightmare but it was well worth it..
Awesome mate  :thumbsup:
If it aint broke ,,fix it until it is .
Over kill is often very understated .
I know the voices in my head ain't real but they do come up with some great ideas.
Theres few of lifes problems that can't be solved with the proper application of a high explosive projectile .

Old Wombat

I don't think Tamiya acrylics stick to white anything! :rolleyes:  :banghead:

Brilliant concept & a great build, mate! :thumbsup:  :thumbsup:  :thumbsup:
Has a life outside of What-If & wishes it would stop interfering!

"The purpose of all War is Peace" - St. Augustine

veritas ad mortus veritas est

zenrat

Very good. I was dubious about this in the beginning but it's turned out great.
:thumbsup:
Fred

- Can't be bothered to do the proper research and get it right.

Another ill conceived, lazily thought out, crudely executed and badly painted piece of half arsed what-if modelling muppetry from zenrat industries.

zenrat industries:  We're everywhere...for your convenience..

NARSES2

Do not condemn the judgement of another because it differs from your own. You may both be wrong.

SPINNERS

Captain Canada

Now that is something completely different ! Cool to see it progress as your ideas changed. Neat build for sure !
CANADA KICKS arse !!!!

Long Live the Commonwealth !!!
Vive les Canadiens !
Where's my beer ?

kerick

" Somewhere, between half true, and completely crazy, is a rainbow of nice colours "
Tophe the Wise

DogfighterZen

Great stuff, Ken! This is excellent work! :thumbsup:  :thumbsup:
"Sticks and stones may break some bones but a 3.57's gonna blow your damn head off!!"

KiwiZac

Beautifully mad! It looks so right! Congratulations!

And as someone with the initials ZY I'm always happy to see 247 Squadron marks  :wub:
Zac in NZ
#avgeek, modelbuilder, photographer, writer. Callsign: "HANDBAG"
https://linktr.ee/zacyates