Gloster CXP-1001 - Done

Started by Caveman, June 12, 2021, 03:54:34 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Caveman

Quote from: Pellson on June 18, 2021, 02:16:00 PM
Amazing! Obviously, there's improvements that could have been made, but as the first example I've seen on a from naught to model printed project, I'm dead impressed!

Thanks it's my first try printing from scratch too. It is basic and the finish is rough necessitated by the timeline. I'm tempted to do a recce version for the next GB and see what improvements I can make. I'll rebuild the 3D model to incorporate some lessons learned and more detail. With the current surface roughness I'm getting, panel lines are out but I'll see what can be done.
secretprojects forum migrant

Old Wombat

Has a life outside of What-If & wishes it would stop interfering!

"The purpose of all War is Peace" - St. Augustine

veritas ad mortus veritas est

zenrat

Definitions are only going to get higher and results smoother.
This is the future.  In a few years we'll wonder how we ever did without 3d printers.

Good job.
:thumbsup:
Fred

- Can't be bothered to do the proper research and get it right.

Another ill conceived, lazily thought out, crudely executed and badly painted piece of half arsed what-if modelling muppetry from zenrat industries.

zenrat industries:  We're everywhere...for your convenience..

NARSES2

Do not condemn the judgement of another because it differs from your own. You may both be wrong.

Caveman

:wub:

Thanks all. One downside of this is that I've finished a model but my stash hasn't got any smaller...
secretprojects forum migrant

Mossie

Quote from: Caveman on June 18, 2021, 10:59:46 PM
Quote from: Pellson on June 18, 2021, 02:16:00 PM
Amazing! Obviously, there's improvements that could have been made, but as the first example I've seen on a from naught to model printed project, I'm dead impressed!

Thanks it's my first try printing from scratch too. It is basic and the finish is rough necessitated by the timeline. I'm tempted to do a recce version for the next GB and see what improvements I can make. I'll rebuild the 3D model to incorporate some lessons learned and more detail. With the current surface roughness I'm getting, panel lines are out but I'll see what can be done.

Great first attempt. :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup:. Looking forward to seeing what you can cook up in the future.

Quote from: zenrat on June 19, 2021, 03:40:12 AM
Definitions are only going to get higher and results smoother.
This is the future.  In a few years we'll wonder how we ever did without 3d printers.

Good job.
:thumbsup:

I recently bought a large figure and there are no visible lines on it. Top quality and as good as anything else.  I've played with it a little and the resin sands weird but is otherwise fine.

There are several miniature designers such as Lord of the Print and Bestarium that grant individual printers licences for a reasonable cost.  They can then sell on Etsy and others. It's a matter of time before other modelling genres catch up.  It should it easier for garage firms selling esoteric items.
I don't think it's nice, you laughin'. You see, my mule don't like people laughin'. He gets the crazy idea you're laughin' at him. Now if you apologize, like I know you're going to, I might convince him that you really didn't mean it.

frank2056

Quote from: Caveman on June 19, 2021, 06:44:43 AM

Thanks all. One downside of this is that I've finished a model but my stash hasn't got any smaller...

Just think of the thousands of models you can keep in a thumb drive stash!

The  CXP-1001 came out great; the camo, decals and canopy framing looks great.

NARSES2

;D
Do not condemn the judgement of another because it differs from your own. You may both be wrong.

Old Wombat

Mine's grown since I started my last build ... By about 4 kits! :blink:

It's almost like they're breeding, I tell ya! :o
Has a life outside of What-If & wishes it would stop interfering!

"The purpose of all War is Peace" - St. Augustine

veritas ad mortus veritas est

TheChronicOne

Magnificent!!! Very cool and damn right it was ambitious.  ;D
-Sprues McDuck-

The Wooksta!

I'd missed seeing the finished effort.  Nice work.

May be worth sending a PM to Lost Cosmonaut for some tips.  Would certainly come out better with his resin printer.  That's not to do your efforts down, but the resin ones can print a lot finer and give better results.  I have Alistair's earlier ABS efforts and the difference in quality between the Miles 52 from then and his newer resin one is like comparing Mach Two kits with 1990s vintage CMK.
"It's basically a cure -  for not being an axe-wielding homicidal maniac. The potential market's enormous!"

"Visit Scarfolk today!"
https://scarfolk.blogspot.com/

"She's died?!?  Then how's she meant to get the shopping home?"

The Plan:
www.whatifmodelers.com/index.php/topic

Lost Cosmonauts

Really nice work, if you'd like it run on a resin printer (Anycubic Photon Mono) let me know
"You never change things by fighting the existing reality. To change something, build a new model that makes the existing model obsolete"

The Rat

"My mind is a raging torrent, flooded with rivulets of thought, cascading into a waterfall of creative alternatives." Hedley Lamarr, Blazing Saddles

Life is too short to worry about perfection

Youtube: https://tinyurl.com/46dpfdpr