Carrier-based F-16 revealed...

Started by Weaver, September 25, 2020, 03:20:44 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Weaver

In case anyone's wondering, @indopacom is an OFFICIAL US DoD social media account, and this post is still up (11:18am 25sep20 UK time)...

"Things need not have happened to be true. Tales and dreams are the shadow-truths that will endure when mere facts are dust and ashes, and forgot."
 - Morpheus in Sandman: A Midsummer Night's Dream, by Neil Gaiman

"I dunno, I'm making this up as I go."
 - Indiana Jones '

JayBee

Gosh it must be a heck of a small carrier if that is all the size of the hanger deck .  :wacko:
Alle kunst ist umsunst wenn ein engel auf das zundloch brunzt!!

Sic biscuitus disintegratum!

Cats are not real. 
They are just physical manifestations of collisions between enigma & conundrum particles.

Any aircraft can be improved by giving it a SHARKMOUTH!

PR19_Kit

That looks like a pretty standard HAS to me. It's roof is curved anyway, and they'd never waste that much unusable space on a carrier.
Kit's Rule 1 ) Any aircraft can be improved by fitting longer wings, and/or a longer fuselage
Kit's Rule 2) The backstory can always be changed to suit the model

...and I'm not a closeted 'Take That' fan, I'm a REAL fan! :)

Regards
Kit

sandiego89

Their social media "expert" must be as adept at aircraft recognition as the Sun or other websites.....
Dave "Sandiego89"
Chesapeake, Virginia, USA

jcf

At least USN hasn't been infected by the USAF and GOP disease where they've use images
of Russian aircraft to celebrate various anniversaries.
;D :wacko:

I was joking with a friend that the graphics in a recent Happy Birthday USN image couldn't be
correct as they used an image of a current USN destroyer rather than one of an Udaloy-class
destroyer.
;D

Weaver

A couple of years ago, when the Royal Air Force used two Tornados to fire four Storm Shadows at a Syrian airbase from out over the Mediterranean, a certain UK politician, who shall remain nameless, posted a tweet critical of the government's decision, and used this picture to illustrate what they thought had just happened:

Needless to say, with Twitter being such a kind and forgiving place, it never crossed anyone's mind to spend the next few days dragging them by posting lots of other pictures of their version of famous air actions, such as this picture of RAF B-52s carpet-bombing Damascus... :wacko: :wacko: :wacko:

"Things need not have happened to be true. Tales and dreams are the shadow-truths that will endure when mere facts are dust and ashes, and forgot."
 - Morpheus in Sandman: A Midsummer Night's Dream, by Neil Gaiman

"I dunno, I'm making this up as I go."
 - Indiana Jones '