Author Topic: A little work in progress  (Read 104756 times)

Offline NARSES2

• Nick was always on his mind - just ask the Pet Shop Boys
  • Global Moderator
  • Needs A Life Outside What-If
Re: A little work in progress
« Reply #720 on: November 15, 2020, 05:49:40 am »
Marvelous Martin  :mellow: :mellow:

Wasn't he the guy who beat Alan Minter for the Middleweight crown back in 1980 ? Oh no that was Marvin Hagler  :angel: ;D
Decals my @r$e!

Offline kitbasher

• What-IF SIG
  • bashes kits
« Reply #721 on: November 15, 2020, 06:07:33 am »
Oh look I finished on on Telford Eve. I normally cease all build activity in the week leading up to Telford, to allow for packing the display up for transport from the Northants Swamps to the darkest depths of Shropshire.

Another Dutch Navy build. Sea Harrier F/A-2 shore based when not at sea at NAS Valkenburg in the Mid 2000's. In this case deployed to the Baltic states to take a turn at the NATO Baltic air policing mission. Hence the full AMRAAM load out.

This is a follow on from the Dutch Sea Harrier FRS-1 I did back in December 2018.

Airfix Kit built OOB with the belly AMRAAM pylons being Freighdog items. Paint job is mainly CJ Aerosol rattle cans, RAF Dark Sea Grey over all, with Medium Sea Grey for the nose cone. Simply put the reverse of the scheme mainly used by the Royal Navy.
Decals are a mix of the kit and spares box.

To quote Goldmember, noice!
What If? & Secret Project SIG member.
On the go: Arrow/Beaumaris/Battle/Bronco GA.1/Barracuda/CASA 2.217/Corsair GR1/EE P12/Hawker P1104/Hawker P1067/Hellcat IV/Ice Cream Tank/JP T4/Jumo MiG-15/Ki-61/Phantom FG1/Puffin/Sea Hawk T7/Spitfire XII/Ta152/Ta154/Val/Spitfire 25/FrankenCOIN/Twin Otter

Offline chrisonord

• DIDN'T READ THE QUESTION PROPERLY
  • Paint it gloss??......HOW DARE YOU!!!
« Reply #722 on: November 15, 2020, 08:11:05 am »
Marvelous Martin  :mellow: :mellow:

Wasn't he the guy who beat Alan Minter for the Middleweight crown back in 1980 ? Oh no that was Marvin Hagler  :angel: ;D
I thought that was Belting  Brian....London  :-X :-X
Chris
The dogs philosophy on life.
If you cant eat it hump it or fight it,
Pee on it and walk away!!