I'm in....and keeping it simple. Maybe.

Started by kitbasher, June 13, 2020, 12:51:07 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

NARSES2

There were variations on most of the French early War camouflage colours Dave. Dependent on factory and depot that did the painting.
Do not condemn the judgement of another because it differs from your own. You may both be wrong.

kitbasher

Thanks Chris, will bear that in mind when writing up the back story.

Anyway, the Great Vert FoncĂ© Crisis of 2020 (yeah OK there's a couple of other things preoccupying mankind at the mo, I know) is resolved.  As soon as I got home from support bubbling with mum I mixed a couple of Revell acrylic greens (I forget the numbers) and got what I wanted. 

It's greener (duh) than the Revell 39 base coat, not as blue as Humbrol 30 and less brown than multifarious greens used by the UK, USA and various Humbrol greens.

Not very scientific but it looks close enough to the shade of green seen in the AZ MS.405/406 painting instructions. Again not scientific but I'm happy with it.  Dried quicker than quick drying dry thing and it has a sheen that'll help sort the decal application.  So all greened up ready for the markings; prop spinner cap now black and the tyres touched up.

What If? & Secret Project SIG member.
On the go: Beaumaris/Battle/Bronco/Barracuda/Corsair GA.1/Flatning/Hellcat IV/Hunter PR11/Hurricane IIb/Ice Cream Tank/JP T4/Jumo MiG-15/P1103 (early)/P1154-ish/Phantom FG1/I-153/Sea Hawk T7/Spitfire XII/Spitfire Tr18/Twin Otter/FrankenCOIN/Frankenfighter

kitbasher

On the go: Beaumaris/Battle/Bronco/Barracuda/Corsair GA.1/Flatning/Hellcat IV/Hunter PR11/Hurricane IIb/Ice Cream Tank/JP T4/Jumo MiG-15/P1103 (early)/P1154-ish/Phantom FG1/I-153/Sea Hawk T7/Spitfire XII/Spitfire Tr18/Twin Otter/FrankenCOIN/Frankenfighter

kitbasher

Hobbyboss quick builds - a lot of fun, tbh.  Have built a real world F4U-4 and a real world MS.406 (the captured RAF version) as well as this effort and the Airacobra that formed the basis of my 'Su-7' (https://www.whatifmodellers.com/index.php?topic=48002.0). 

As for this Belgian MS.406, I still think the idea was good but have never been happy with the build.  Anyway it has been dewhiffed into a real world 1943 EKW D-3800 courtesy of a Kora decal sheet and a modicum of kitbashing.  Basically stripping the paint, repositioning the aerial mast, removing the wing cannon and associated fairings and adding a tail wheel.

Simples!
You cannot view this attachment.You cannot view this attachment. 

The Rat

That's a looker! And I agree about the HobbyBoss kits, very good builds for the most part. There are some fiddly bits, like every build, and I have some, uh... political issues with the country of manufacture, but I would try another. My P-38 was almost a snap-together kit.
"My mind is a raging torrent, flooded with rivulets of thought, cascading into a waterfall of creative alternatives." Hedley Lamarr, Blazing Saddles

Life is too short to worry about perfection

Youtube: https://tinyurl.com/46dpfdpr

NARSES2

That's a good looking build sir. Never seen pics of them with those big yellow crosses before. :thumbsup:
Do not condemn the judgement of another because it differs from your own. You may both be wrong.

kitbasher

Quote from: NARSES2 on April 15, 2023, 12:30:43 AMThat's a good looking build sir. Never seen pics of them with those big yellow crosses before. :thumbsup:

Decal sheet:
You cannot view this attachment.

NARSES2

zenrat

Fred

- Can't be bothered to do the proper research and get it right.

Another ill conceived, lazily thought out, crudely executed and badly painted piece of half arsed what-if modelling muppetry from zenrat industries.

zenrat industries:  We're everywhere...for your convenience..