GROUP BUILDS > The 2020 One Week Build

The Gloster Lance FAW3

(1/22) > >>

PR19_Kit:
Right, we're off! I need every minute I can get so I'm starting as soon as possible!

The Lance was Gloster's backup for the Javelin, their Airships being a tad doubtful about those new delta wing things, so the Lance was pretty much like a Javelin but with straight wings.

I've started with an Airfix T3 as it has a longer fuselage than the FAW9s and I have three of them anyway. But the wings have to come off and that leaves a socking great gap to be filled.

Most of the bits prior to any gluing, and you can see the blanks already cut to shape, approximately anyway.

You can see the size of the gaps!  :o

My process for cutting out the blanks, not exactly straightforward......

I detest that massive fin on the Flatiron, so I minimised it somewhat by chopping a lump out of the centre.

And at a few seconds past midnight I glued the first blank in place. I see LOTS of PSR in my future.... :(

That's it for now, more tomorrow.

Tophe:
Interesting, we will see the result of this dream... ;) :thumbsup:

kitbasher:

--- Quote from: Flyer on June 12, 2020, 05:20:15 pm ---Cool :mellow:

What are the donor wings from?

--- End quote ---

Looks like they may be from an f-&9 Scorpion - the one that gave up parts for the Canberra F10 perhaps?

This looks as though it may look like a beefy CF-100 when finished.

PR19_Kit:

--- Quote from: kitbasher on June 12, 2020, 11:33:01 pm ---

--- Quote from: Flyer on June 12, 2020, 05:20:15 pm ---Cool :mellow:

What are the donor wings from?

--- End quote ---

Looks like they may be from an f-&9 Scorpion - the one that gave up parts for the Canberra F10 perhaps?

This looks as though it may look like a beefy CF-100 when finished.

--- End quote ---

Right first time Dave.   :thumbsup:

Without those monster tanks on them the wings look a little undernourished on a Scorpion, but it does raise the question of what am I going to do with its fuselage...  ;D

PR19_Kit:
Having done some work on this already I now find some bits of the kit are missing... :(

So much for SMW's Kit Sale being 'all complete kits'.  :banghead:

The intakes, four half round styrene tubes, are totally absent from the sprues, although they're mentioned in the instruction sheet. I'll see if my mate Pete has some suitably sized tubing anywhere, he's got pretty much everything else here.  ;D ;)

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version