Waterworld Hellfire Barge - FINISHED AT LAST !!!

Started by Austanker, April 08, 2020, 02:30:44 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Austanker

I have long wanted to build the quad 50 gun barge from Waterworld and this year I have decided to commit to the project which will be in 1/35 scale, there will be a lot of kitbashing and scratchbuilding involved
Examining photos and info on the barge I have worked out I will need an older type Peterbilt semi tractor which was hard to come by in the correct scale, I have settled on a 1/32 scale die cast truck for the time being its a later model than the "needle nose" one I wanted, this is currently being cut up into shape

The quad 50 will be sourced from the AFV 1/35 Vietnam Gun Truck Nancy kit and it should provide some other good bits
Not sure about doing the crew , I will need to custom make at least 4 - 6 figures

The barge will be made from Evergreen sheet, I will have to scratchbuild the whole thing from still images but the barge should be easy to make as its all flat sheet, I will also have to make the gun platform and rear paddle wheel and drive system
Should keep me busy  :rolleyes:

zenrat

Fred

- Can't be bothered to do the proper research and get it right.

Another ill conceived, lazily thought out, crudely executed and badly painted piece of half arsed what-if modelling muppetry from zenrat industries.

zenrat industries:  We're everywhere...for your convenience..

PR19_Kit

That's going to need some SERIOUS weathering!  :o :o
Kit's Rule 1 ) Any aircraft can be improved by fitting longer wings, and/or a longer fuselage
Kit's Rule 2) The backstory can always be changed to suit the model

...and I'm not a closeted 'Take That' fan, I'm a REAL fan! :)

Regards
Kit

Austanker

Waiting on the guntruck and quad 50 so I have stripped down the die cast truck to where it needs to be I will have to a stack of work to it to make it looks decent hopefully the gun truck kit will have some useful truck bits
Went thru a stack of cutting discs sawing thru that die cast  :banghead:

Quote from: PR19_Kit on April 08, 2020, 05:20:17 AM
That's going to need some SERIOUS weathering!  :o :o
yep gonna be all rust and water effects something I have not done before lol

Austanker

The Nancy gun truck kit came in the mail so I set to work building the turret and checking for scale against the 1/32 die cast truck , it looks good and I should be able to use lot of the chassis bits etc to tart up the truck itself
I still need a decent engine for the truck not having much luck sourcing something  :banghead:

JoeP

Your ambition is impressive!   :thumbsup:  :mellow:
In want of hobby space!  The kitchen table is never stable.  Still managing to get some building done.

buzzbomb

Really want to see how this works out

A reboot of the Waterworld concept would still make a great movie, if handled in the right way IMHO.

Austanker

Unbelievable the day after i posted the last update I got evicted from my place because the owner lost his business due to Covid 19 and hes moving back in so I will be postponing this build til I move and get settled  :banghead:
This is the latest pic with all the cutting done on the cab I am going to use the gun truck chassis as it look better and is comparable in size , as I couldn't find a decent engine I am putting a T-55 russian tank engine in it

NARSES2

Sorry to hear that, hope things work out for you.
Do not condemn the judgement of another because it differs from your own. You may both be wrong.

PR19_Kit

That's really bad luck, a secondary victim of the virus. :(

Like Chris, I hope things improve for you pretty quickly.
Kit's Rule 1 ) Any aircraft can be improved by fitting longer wings, and/or a longer fuselage

Regards
Kit

zenrat

Fred

Another ill conceived, lazily thought out, crudely executed and badly painted piece of half arsed what-if modelling muppetry from zenrat industries.

Austanker

Well I have moved house and back on the project just trying to kick start my modelling mojo working out the whole barge dimensions on cardboard including the paddle wheel will take it up to nearly 50cm long

Austanker

Well I started on the engine using a V-55 Russian tank engine it is a bit large but I just used one bank on it and it looks like a half convincing big block inline 6 diesel, it'll do me

zenrat

Fred

PR19_Kit

It'd do me too. That's one MOTHER of an engine!  :thumbsup:

Regards
Kit