WHIF's found on ArtStation: Tupolev ANT-201

Started by Weaver, April 07, 2020, 11:01:05 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Weaver

More Andrej Troha, this time a Tupolev ANT-201 "Gorostas" luxury flying boat: https://www.artstation.com/artwork/qAq5la

Because, as we all know, the Soviet Union was all about levelling everybody up to the same level of luxury, right?  ;)

More pics on the page.

"Things need not have happened to be true. Tales and dreams are the shadow-truths that will endure when mere facts are dust and ashes, and forgot."
 - Sandman: A Midsummer Night's Dream, by Neil Gaiman

"I dunno, I'm making this up as I go."
 - Indiana Jones

zenrat

Come the glorious day brother we will all be raised to that level of equality...
Fred

- Can't be bothered to do the proper research and get it right.

Another ill conceived, lazily thought out, crudely executed and badly painted piece of half arsed what-if modelling muppetry from zenrat industries.

zenrat industries:  We're everywhere...for your convenience..

PR19_Kit

I like the 'bay window' in the bow, but I'm not sure I'd want to be in there during take-off or landing..........  :-\
Kit's Rule 1 ) Any aircraft can be improved by fitting longer wings, and/or a longer fuselage
Kit's Rule 2) The backstory can always be changed to suit the model

...and I'm not a closeted 'Take That' fan, I'm a REAL fan! :)

Regards
Kit

tahsin

Sorry, wrong thread. Might delete as well.

Weaver

Quote from: PR19_Kit on July 08, 2023, 09:47:05 AMI like the 'bay window' in the bow, but I'm not sure I'd want to be in there during take-off or landing..........  :-\

The 'bay window' is the flight deck: how's that for an incentive to do REALLY soft landings?  :o
"Things need not have happened to be true. Tales and dreams are the shadow-truths that will endure when mere facts are dust and ashes, and forgot."
 - Sandman: A Midsummer Night's Dream, by Neil Gaiman

"I dunno, I'm making this up as I go."
 - Indiana Jones

PR19_Kit

Quote from: Weaver on July 08, 2023, 10:03:18 AM
Quote from: PR19_Kit on July 08, 2023, 09:47:05 AMI like the 'bay window' in the bow, but I'm not sure I'd want to be in there during take-off or landing..........  :-\

The 'bay window' is the flight deck: how's that for an incentive to do REALLY soft landings?  :o

Totally opposite design philosophy to the guys at East Cowes then!  :o
Kit's Rule 1 ) Any aircraft can be improved by fitting longer wings, and/or a longer fuselage
Kit's Rule 2) The backstory can always be changed to suit the model

...and I'm not a closeted 'Take That' fan, I'm a REAL fan! :)

Regards
Kit

jcf

The first time I saw this was when it was posted in a Facebook group and there were people that
insisted it was a real project.
:rolleyes:
A couple of them doubled down even after a link
to Andrej's page was posted.
:o

scooter

Quote from: jcf on July 09, 2023, 01:22:27 PMThe first time I saw this was when it was posted in a Facebook group and there were people that
insisted it was a real project.
:rolleyes:
A couple of them doubled down even after a link
to Andrej's page was posted.
:o
If its on the internet, it must be true
The F-106- 26 December 1956 to 8 August 1988
Gone But Not Forgotten

QuoteOh are you from Wales ?? Do you know a fella named Jonah ?? He used to live in whales for a while.
— Groucho Marx

My dA page: Scooternjng

Wardukw

If it aint broke ,,fix it until it is .
Over kill is often very understated .
I know the voices in my head ain't real but they do come up with some great ideas.
Theres few of lifes problems that can't be solved with the proper application of a high explosive projectile .

Old Wombat

Has a life outside of What-If & wishes it would stop interfering!

"The purpose of all War is Peace" - St. Augustine

veritas ad mortus veritas est

frank2056

tahsin

I don't know what you might feel about Macross transformations but this is a Lightning of sorts at Artstation.