Author Topic: Alien Diorama  (Read 473 times)

Offline Ramba

• Kitbasher
Alien Diorama
« on: March 14, 2020, 11:01:51 am »
The Alien is 1/32 and the soldier is MAIM 1/35 Heavy Trooper. The wall came with the Alien figure. I used a plastic lid I think came from a Pringles potato chip container and filled it with stucco for the base. I then put a layer of Vallejo mud over the stucco. The ferns are real ferns from my garden that I dried/preserved myself. The wall was primed first then I painted it different browns to represent rust but I also used real rust over that. The lighter patchy rust color is the real rust. The real rust I made myself from steel wool that I put in a jar with water till it rusted.

Offline zenrat

• Needs A Life Outside What-If
  • Currently on double secret probation.
Re: Alien Diorama
« Reply #1 on: March 15, 2020, 04:46:35 am »
Love it.
 :thumbsup:

Was there ever any suggestion in any of the Alien movies that The Xenomorph had chameleonic abilities?
Fred

Another ill conceived, lazily thought out, crudely executed and badly painted piece of half arsed what-if modelling muppetry from zenrat industries.

zenrat industries:  We're everywhere for your convenience..

Offline NARSES2

• Nick was always on his mind - just ask the Pet Shop Boys
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #2 on: March 15, 2020, 07:05:06 am »
Great groundwork  :thumbsup:

When I first looked at the top photo I immediately thought it was a Samurai Trooper, then I realised the Alien's tail (or whatever it is) was looking like the adornments on some Samurai helmets from the direction it was photographed  :banghead:
Decals my @r$e!

Offline Ramba

• Kitbasher
« Reply #3 on: March 17, 2020, 01:08:53 pm »
Thanks everyone! It was a fun project.

Zenrat, I don't remember any with chameleon characteristics. They relied mostly on stealth.

Narses2, the photo angle does give it a Samurai look. Never noticed that before until you mentioned it.

Offline NARSES2

• Nick was always on his mind - just ask the Pet Shop Boys
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #4 on: March 18, 2020, 07:15:10 am »

Narses2, the photo angle does give it a Samurai look. Never noticed that before until you mentioned it.

Always glad to be of assistance  ;D
Decals my @r$e!