Author Topic: Current projects:Northrop NF-5Quad, Martin-Baker MB.7, Drone & Airspeed Imperial  (Read 553 times)

Offline AndrewF

• Out of the Whiffing Closet
Some good stuff here.  :thumbsup:

Offline 63cpe

• Targeted for assassination by JMNs
  • Humpty Dumpty was pushed!
Thank you for the kind words gentlemen!
Very much appreciated!

@Kitbasher: The NF-5 Quad are two Matchbox F-5's and a scratchbuild cockpittubbie with Pavla bangseat.
                   The Martin-Baker is a GAL Hotspur fuselage, 1/48 P-51 canopy, wings and tailbooms are 1/32 Glencoe XV-1
                   The drone is made of two stands (think ancient revell??) and 1/144 B-29 outerwings
                   The Airspeed Imperial is made of mostly 1/144 and 1/100 parts. My goal was to make something with as much as possible 1/100-144 parts and
                   minimal 1/72 parts, but still make it recognizable as 1/72. It's made from: 1/144 Monogram Constellation, outerwings from 1/94 F-27 Friendship, nosecone is
                  from an 1/100 B-47, 4x RR Peregrine engines from 1/72 Westland Whirlwind and a 1/72 Lockheed Hudson canopy.

And the Darkstar was the basis of the drone....love the simple yet sinister design of that thing...

@Zenrat: sorry, no mouse involved here..... :wacko:

Cheers!
David aka 63cpe

??? here have you found an 1/100 B-47??? :o I do 1/100 planes and wasn't aware of any.
BTW, I suppose you'll blend the original Connie cockpit in the fuselage.
Fantastic ideas all, anyway. I'll refrain from asking what you drink or inhale to get your ideas.... :rolleyes:

Oooops, sorry Loupgarou....that's a typo..... The B-47 is in 1/144 from Academy (lovely wings...can put then on anything like bijoux, it allways looks good!)

Thank you for asking what I use to get the ideas....I think a mix of Revell contacta, zip kicker and curing 1k putty does the trick  :thumbsup: :rolleyes:

David aka 63cpe

Offline Tophe

• Needs A Life Outside What-If
    • my what-if models
I had the same idea for a twinned-up F-5 that worked just like that, and I even got as far as chopping a couple of Airfix F-5E fuselages up, but then I got distracted and never got back to it.
We talked about it with pictures at https://www.whatifmodellers.com/index.php?topic=46841.0 (concerning my drawings of twin-F-20 this way) ;D
[the word "realistic" hurts my heart...]

Offline 63cpe

• Targeted for assassination by JMNs
  • Humpty Dumpty was pushed!
Ahh, you're right Tophe. I couldn't remember where i picked up the idea. But it was in that tread.... I'll revive the tread once finished..

David aka 63cpe

Offline McColm

Wow very impressive builds going on  :thumbsup:

Offline loupgarou

??? here have you found an 1/100 B-47??? :o I do 1/100 planes and wasn't aware of any.
BTW, I suppose you'll blend the original Connie cockpit in the fuselage.
Fantastic ideas all, anyway. I'll refrain from asking what you drink or inhale to get your ideas.... :rolleyes:

Oooops, sorry Loupgarou....that's a typo..... The B-47 is in 1/144 from Academy (lovely wings...can put then on anything like bijoux, it allways looks good!)

Thank you for asking what I use to get the ideas....I think a mix of Revell contacta, zip kicker and curing 1k putty does the trick  :thumbsup: :rolleyes:

David aka 63cpe

Thanks, David,even if you dashed my hopes of having found a mysterious kit... ;)
Owing to the current financial difficulties, the light at the end of the tunnel will be turned off until further notice.