Author Topic: In The Navy GB - General Discussion  (Read 2420 times)

Offline DogfighterZen

• Needs A Life Outside What-If
  • Bmx, music and whif junkie
Re: In The Navy GB - General Discussion
« Reply #120 on: March 20, 2020, 07:40:50 am »
Again without asking my co-moderator (he's probably, & sensibly, asleep at 0100hrs), I'm going to say that's a "Yes, you may enter this F4D in this GB, DfZ". :thumbsup:

Thank you, Mr. moderator, Sir!  ;D :bow: :bow:
"Sticks and stones may break some bones but a 3.57's gonna blow your damn head off!!"

Offline TheChronicOne

• -Sprues McDuck-
« Reply #121 on: March 20, 2020, 09:55:55 am »
Oh hell, I've been wanting to see what comes of this for awhile now. This GB is going to be damned interesting with all this funkystuff going on. I am TOTALLY on board with this.  :wub:  Skyrays are so weird with the moth wings....    ;D
-Sprues McDuck-

Offline DogfighterZen

• Bmx, music and whif junkie
« Reply #122 on: March 20, 2020, 10:36:54 am »
Oh hell, I've been wanting to see what comes of this for awhile now. This GB is going to be damned interesting with all this funkystuff going on. I am TOTALLY on board with this.  :wub:  Skyrays are so weird with the moth wings....    ;D

Beautiful design, isn't it?  :thumbsup: The Lindberg 1/48 Skyray you sent me is still in it box but if this conversion goes to plan, it might get a similar treatment but with better parts and more details.  :mellow:
"Sticks and stones may break some bones but a 3.57's gonna blow your damn head off!!"

Offline TheChronicOne

• -Sprues McDuck-
« Reply #123 on: March 20, 2020, 11:10:34 am »
Yeah!! There's really no other jet quite like it....   it's those wings!! Good luck on that other one. I looked at it and couldn't figure out any type of way to make it into anything.  ;D  Then again, I've no kitbashing skills (yet). It's a challenge.
-Sprues McDuck-

Offline Weaver

• I'm either dumb or evil - you decide.....
  • What-IF SIG
  • Has a life outside What-If that is also What If
« Reply #124 on: March 20, 2020, 06:03:49 pm »
Pondering navalised Soviet aircraft for the PDRV.
Also navalised Jaguar or Swift for the RAN FAA.  The most obvious feature of either would be an extended nose gear leg.

MiG did two studies for a navalized MiG-23:

MiG-23A: R-29 engine, raised cockpit for better view over the nose, stonger u/c, hook, twin fixed ventral fins instead of folding single one

MiG-23K: R-100 engine, even more raised cockpit, bigger wing, no ventral fins, taller tail(?).
Neophyte: Is Eris true?
Malaclypse the Younger: Everything is true.
Neo: Even false things?
MtY: Even false things are true.
Neo: How can that be?
MtY: I don't know man, I didn't do it.
Principia Discordia

Twitter: @hws5mp
www.minds.com: @HaroldWeaverSmith

Online Dizzyfugu

• Lots of works in my FlickR gallery
« Reply #125 on: March 21, 2020, 01:42:39 am »

Offline zenrat

• Currently on double secret probation.
« Reply #126 on: March 21, 2020, 03:46:35 am »
Also navalised Jaguar or Swift for the RAN FAA.  The most obvious feature of either would be an extended nose gear leg.

MiG-23A: R-29 engine, raised cockpit for better view over the nose, stonger u/c, hook, twin fixed ventral fins instead of folding single one

MiG-23K: R-100 engine, even more raised cockpit, bigger wing, no ventral fins, taller tail(?).

Thanks H.  I'll have to have a look in Bill Gunston's Encyclopedia of Soviet Aircraft.
Fred

Another ill conceived, lazily thought out, crudely executed and badly painted piece of half arsed what-if modelling muppetry from zenrat industries.

I will choose a path that's clear, I will choose free will.

Offline TheChronicOne

• -Sprues McDuck-
-Sprues McDuck-

Offline zenrat

• Currently on double secret probation.
« Reply #128 on: March 25, 2020, 02:48:03 am »

Thanks H.  I'll have to have a look in Bill Gunston's Encyclopedia of Soviet Aircraft.

No mention of those in Gunston's book.  Could mean they didn't get far enough to generate drawings as other paper proposals are included.
There is details and drawings of a carrier bourne MiG 29K. 
Fred

Another ill conceived, lazily thought out, crudely executed and badly painted piece of half arsed what-if modelling muppetry from zenrat industries.

I will choose a path that's clear, I will choose free will.