GROUP BUILDS > In The Navy G.B. 2020

In The Navy GB - The Rules - GB EXTENDED UNTIL MIDNIGHT 14th JUNE.

(1/20) > >>

NARSES2:
Right, here is the first draft of the suggested rules for this G.B. Your views and opinions are more than welcome.

Can I once again thank Old Wombie and Zenrat for volunteering to moderate this G.B. Thanks gents  :thumbsup:

Chris

1.  Group Build runs from 00.01 Sunday 1st March 2020 to 24:00 Sunday 31st May 2020 14th June 2020.

2)  “In the Navy” is taken to mean any naval, both military and civil (Merchant Navy), subject, so ships, boats, submarines, naval aircraft and Marine forces, including their aircraft, vehicles, armour, weapons etc, where they are part of a Navy. It does not need to be at sea, you could have riverine and lake based as well. Plus you can go down the Sci Fi route if that’s what floats your boat  :angel:. For instance there are numerous watery planets in Sci Fi novels.

3)  You may build, draw or write as many entries as you like (good luck!).  The posting of in-progress pictures is encouraged as always.  Back stories - however long or short - win extra points.  Well OK they don't but they're always nice to see.

4)  "Preparation" work is allowed prior to the start of the GB - this includes the cutting out and cleaning up of parts, even printing your own decals, but anything involving paint or glue is not allowed.

5)  Part-started models will be considered by the moderators. You should explain what you have done or post pics (even better) and they will decide, their decision being final - we are relying on the honour of our membership to uphold this rule.

6)  No rule 6 - is there ever a rule 6 ? (or is it 7 or 8 ?)

7)  Moderators – Old Wombat and Zenrat, thankyou gents.

sandiego89:
Thanks for setting this up!

Rules are great for me but you may want to comment on Coast Guards, lifeguards, police etc. I know there are a few builders that prefer not to do military builds. Personally I vote no and keeping it to strictly naval service otherwise it would run into a generic maritime build. Folks could do hospital ships, survey ships, SAR equipment etc if they prefer a non combatant role.

Could also add civilian assets pressed into Naval Service into the examples. I know Kit needs an excuse to get his enormous Atlantic Conveyor idea built! 

-Dave

PR19_Kit:

--- Quote from: sandiego89 on January 31, 2020, 11:36:42 am ---
 I know Kit needs an excuse to get his enormous Atlantic Conveyor idea built! 

--- End quote ---

I don't need an  excuse, I need TIME, and lots of it.

It's not a Whiff though...………………..

Old Wombat:

--- Quote from: sandiego89 on January 31, 2020, 11:36:42 am ---Thanks for setting this up!

Rules are great for me but you may want to comment on Coast Guards, lifeguards, police etc. I know there are a few builders that prefer not to do military builds. Personally I vote no and keeping it to strictly naval service otherwise it would run into a generic maritime build. Folks could do hospital ships, survey ships, SAR equipment etc if they prefer a non combatant role.

Could also add civilian assets pressed into Naval Service into the examples. I know Kit needs an excuse to get his enormous Atlantic Conveyor idea built! 

-Dave

--- End quote ---

Hi, Dave! <_<

It isn't mentioned above & we missed it in our discussions but I think Coast Guard should be OK as an entry because most are/were arms of the military Navy & have a wartime role.

The paramilitaries/emergency services types, I agree, should not be permitted.

However, I shall confer with zenrat & get back to everybody.

<edit.  Fred here (I love the powers a mod has to edit other's posts).  Coastguard is OK with me.  We should have remembered them when we drew up the rules.  Lets blame Chris for that.  ;D ;D ;D>

tigercat:
Lots of Naval brigades out there  in history  too although mostly Poor Bloody Infantry so I guess options are limited to fiddly figure painting

Ah but of course the Navy had armoured cars  and also in some countries coastal  artillery

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version