Author Topic: USN P-4 Pluto  (Read 578 times)

Online TheChronicOne

• Needs A Life Outside What-If
  • -Sprues McDuck-
Re: USN P-4 Pluto
« Reply #15 on: August 30, 2019, 06:30:39 pm »
I was thinking along similar lines earlier after I considered how much workload I'm piling on this thing. It's a bit much for a single pilot alone.  I like this idea... so.... in order to represent this, i could just add in a couple windows back there or something? 

I'd just scribe a hatch on the lower side and put a small porthole type window over it and call it a day.

Sounds good. I'll use my fine point Sharpie pen to draw an outline of the them, take pictures, then see how it all looks. --I may need some more opinion on the particular way I've done it so adjustments can be made.

This sounds relatively easy to do so I'm on board.  ;D 
-Sprues McDuck-

Online TheChronicOne

• -Sprues McDuck-
« Reply #16 on: August 30, 2019, 07:19:15 pm »
Found myself not wanting to bother with a cold start on the video games and decided listen to music and keep working on this instead. It's pretty fun right now and intrigueing because it's a completely new type of build for me so the novelty factor is in full effect.

May as well get this mind wracking interior figured out. I THINK I have found a good place for everything and it seems the seat/pilot are at the correct height, angle, and disance from the pedals and control panel.

Man, this new camera really works well!! You can see there where the fuselage exploded a bit when I was trying to carve out the space for the interior. That stuff is THICK, too. Easily twice as thick as contemporary mouldings I'd wager. Damned brittle stuff, too...   you know, the color, look of the "guts" and how it breaks apart reminds me of magnesium in certain ways.  :unsure:  Fortunately I don't think I'll be having to cut into it any more after this.
-Sprues McDuck-

Offline Flyer

« Reply #17 on: August 30, 2019, 09:15:29 pm »
Everything is theoretically impossible, until it is done. -Robert A. Heinlein

Online PR19_Kit

• Closeted Take That fan
  • What-IF SIG
  • Whiffing since the 70s
« Reply #18 on: August 31, 2019, 03:23:24 am »

I think I was thinking about it backward..   I'm learning! The way I had it would mean the tail was heavy because the center of lift was too far forward, correct?

Exactly!  :thumbsup:
Any aircraft can be improved by fitting longer wings, and/or a longer fuselage

...and I'm not a closeted 'Take That' fan, I'm a REAL fan! :)

Regards
Kit

Offline NARSES2

• Nick was always on his mind - just ask the Pet Shop Boys
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #19 on: September 01, 2019, 05:33:48 am »

I think I was thinking about it backward..   I'm learning! The way I had it would mean the tail was heavy because the center of lift was too far forward, correct?

Exactly!  :thumbsup:

One of the beauties of this site is that you can pose/ask questions knowing that you will get an answer without being talked down to  :thumbsup:
Decals my @r$e!

Offline Rheged

• Growing older is inevitable, growing up isn't!
« Reply #20 on: September 01, 2019, 07:12:57 am »
We've said it here many times before.  There is no such thing as a silly question!   No matter how  recondite (good word!) the subject, or how apparently simple, someone here will have the answer ; and in a non-threatening form!
"If you can keep your head when all about you
Are losing theirs and blaming it on you....."
It  means that you read  the instruction sheet

Online TheChronicOne

• -Sprues McDuck-
« Reply #21 on: September 01, 2019, 09:30:04 am »
Roger that, man! Every time I delve into a new realm of this stuff I always run over here to ax my questions.  ;D ;D     I'm a builder, not an engineer, but in order to do things like this properly I'm going to at least need to supply myself with a basic crash course in rudimentary aviation physics and design. I'll likely have some more questions before the end of this one but the good thing is, once I get through it, I'll be much better prepared for the next one. If I miss anything, though, someone do speak up about it. I could have easily missed the issue with the wings because I was thinking about the plane sitting on the ground.... where those wings DO weigh something......  but in flight, all that changes around and I was still thinking about the wings as dead weight which was backwards. (it's so blatantly obvious in hindsight)

Got me a new vocab word!  ;D

No real plans on this today. I'll try to find something to do but I need to get back to work on my quad engine Caravelle first so no telling what and how much of it will be worked on.
-Sprues McDuck-