Author Topic: 1/144 Eurofighter JF 90 -Air France- ***FINISHED***  (Read 918 times)

Offline NARSES2

• Nick was always on his mind - just ask the Pet Shop Boys
  • Global Moderator
  • Needs A Life Outside What-If
Re: 1/144 Eurofighter JF 90 -Air France- ***FINISHED***
« Reply #30 on: August 23, 2019, 06:00:35 am »
That works really well Brad, nice job.  :thumbsup:

Does indeed  :thumbsup:

Didn't the USN do that for real with the Skywarrior? I recall they converted some of the early ones into Admiral's Barges with a cabin where the bomb bay was.

Could prove useful if feeling slightly mutinous ?  ;)
Decals my @r$e!

Offline TheChronicOne

• -Sprues McDuck-
« Reply #31 on: August 23, 2019, 07:16:16 am »
Superb Job with the Eurofighter :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup: Thought It'd be a "Slap in the Shorts" to Air France and a Good Bit of Fun! Thanks For Doing it! Dan

No prob, man!!! This is hilarious.. people are picking up on it on Facebook and I'm getting laughs and people saying, "Hey, wait, haaaaaaaa!!!!"    Great fun.  ;D ;D ;D ;D
-Sprues McDuck-

Offline TheChronicOne

• -Sprues McDuck-
« Reply #32 on: August 23, 2019, 07:24:15 am »
That works really well Brad, nice job.  :thumbsup:
:thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup:
Wow!! Hell yeah, dude. Thanks for that! That had to be a hell of a time riding around in.  ;D   What fun. Or......   how terrifying? Trapping would be a bit scary down there, or at least it would be for me. ...

Nah.  Grab a bottle and a couple of young ensigns and the flight would go in no time... :mellow:

'fighter looks great Brad C.  And so tiny.
 :thumbsup:

Thanks ya'll!!!    I'm glad folks like it. I think it turned out really well. Some things would just barely fit so there was a we bit of luck involved as well as some somewhat tedious cutting down of the full Boeing-sized fin flash. BUT, it seems to have worked out.

Someone over on the Facebook suggests NMF American Airlines Starfighter. I don't know about that, though. I saw how the Alitalia one worked out but MY problem is having to using existing decals of which there aren't very many small enough to do that. This is made so much worse when the wing isn't a low one. If the wing is in the middle of the fuselage.... well.... that's even worse. So I dunno about a Starfighter but I'll come up with something.

'ey Fred, I was thinking about when they come in to trap on the carrier..... things go tits up and the pilot punches out while they all go into the drink.  ;D ;D ;D 
-Sprues McDuck-

Offline TheChronicOne

• -Sprues McDuck-
« Reply #33 on: August 23, 2019, 07:26:01 am »
:unsure: :-\ What a shock!
I am going out of the hospital today after surgery and I thought I was alive… But with this SO WONDERFUL :wub: model, the conclusion must be: I am in Heaven, meaning I am dead, no? ;D
HA haaa!!    Love it. Glad you like the build, bud. Glad things went well enough for you to find time to see it. I knew it wouldn't be too long before I was done, these little planes seem to get done quicker than 1/72.
-Sprues McDuck-

Offline Flyer

« Reply #34 on: August 23, 2019, 07:42:47 am »

Someone over on the Facebook suggests NMF American Airlines Starfighter. I don't know about that, though. I saw how the Alitalia one worked out but MY problem is having to using existing decals of which there aren't very many small enough to do that. This is made so much worse when the wing isn't a low one. If the wing is in the middle of the fuselage.... well.... that's even worse. So I dunno about a Starfighter but I'll come up with something.

In keeping in line with the French airline using a British jet shouldn't a American Airlines jet be Russian or similar?  :wacko: ;)
Everything is theoretically impossible, until it is done. -Robert A. Heinlein

Offline TheChronicOne

• -Sprues McDuck-
« Reply #35 on: August 23, 2019, 11:09:40 am »
May as well! You know, I've wanted to make something out of a Beagle....   I bet they make those in 1/144 yeah? No dice on the Skywarrior/Destroyer though so that idea is out the window. But no... that's not really a fighter.   Hmmmm.....   a MiG 25?   :wacko:
-Sprues McDuck-

Offline NARSES2

• Global Moderator
« Reply #36 on: August 24, 2019, 02:22:27 am »
The Soviet's used a lot of very large long range fighters in the 50's/60's. Now whether any are available in 1/144 is another matter ?
Decals my @r$e!

Offline zenrat

• Currently on double secret probation.
« Reply #37 on: August 24, 2019, 03:46:48 am »
A few people kitted the MiG 25 in 1/144 including Academy, Aoshima and AMT.
Fred

Another ill conceived, lazily thought out, crudely executed and badly painted piece of half arsed what-if modelling muppetry from zenrat industries.

Offline Flyer

« Reply #38 on: August 24, 2019, 05:12:56 am »
I've seen heaps of cheap Minicraft Mig-25's on ebay recently  :thumbsup:

But I was thinking more like a Mig-21, that massive fin is begging for a airline logo, but it has a mid wing though...
Everything is theoretically impossible, until it is done. -Robert A. Heinlein

Offline zenrat

• Currently on double secret probation.
« Reply #39 on: August 24, 2019, 06:30:33 am »
MiG 21 Analogue is a tail-less delta.  But I can't find a kit of it in 1/144.
I suppose you could rewing a standard 1/144 21 with wings from a 1/72 one and lose the horizontal tail.
Fred

Another ill conceived, lazily thought out, crudely executed and badly painted piece of half arsed what-if modelling muppetry from zenrat industries.

Offline NARSES2

• Global Moderator
« Reply #40 on: August 25, 2019, 06:31:47 am »
It always amazes me when I see the UK IPMS 1/144 and 1/200 Special Interest Groups at shows to see what is available in these scales. Might be worthwhile seeing if they have websites ?
Decals my @r$e!