Author Topic: C130  (Read 185 times)

Offline salt6

• Makes own decals
    • http://www.salt6.com/
C130
« on: July 07, 2019, 03:12:16 pm »
I've been cleaning and found parts for 2 old Airfix C130s minus the fuselages.  Looks to be 2 sets of everything but only one set of props and one front canopy.  If you ever wanted to do a six engine Herc here you go.  Pay for shipping and it's yours.

Steve B

"The time has come,
         The Walrus said,
     To talk of many things:
Of shoes and ships
         and sealing wax
      Of cabbages and kings
And why the sea is boiling hot
      And whether pigs have wings."

Offline major

• Makes own decals
Re: C130
« Reply #1 on: July 07, 2019, 06:05:23 pm »

They could be very useful for a very odd scale airline fuselage I have lying around!  :thumbsup:

Unfortunately, I say postage to the the jolly 'ol Republic of Ireland would be horrendous.  :banghead:

Offline kerick

• Needs A Life Outside What-If
« Reply #2 on: July 07, 2019, 10:12:21 pm »
What scale might that be?
There's someone in my head, but it's not me!

Offline salt6

• Makes own decals
    • http://www.salt6.com/
« Reply #3 on: July 07, 2019, 11:08:48 pm »
The instruction sheet that is in the box says 1/72.
Steve B

"The time has come,
         The Walrus said,
     To talk of many things:
Of shoes and ships
         and sealing wax
      Of cabbages and kings
And why the sea is boiling hot
      And whether pigs have wings."

Offline murfv

• Out of the Whiffing Closet
    • IPMS Ireland
« Reply #4 on: July 09, 2019, 01:54:57 pm »

They could be very useful for a very odd scale airline fuselage I have lying around!  :thumbsup:

Unfortunately, I say postage to the the jolly 'ol Republic of Ireland would be horrendous.  :banghead:

Hi Major,
If you use Parcel Motel for postage from the UK to IRL the cost is a flat 4.00 on top of whatever the local postage within the UK is.

HTH
It's my hobby and I will enjoy it my way! :)

Offline major

• Makes own decals
« Reply #5 on: July 09, 2019, 05:03:20 pm »

Hi Major,
If you use Parcel Motel for postage from the UK to IRL the cost is a flat 4.00 on top of whatever the local postage within the UK is.

HTH

Aye! But I think 'salt6' is based in oklahoma, in the US of A!   :thumbsup:
I know from ordering car parts, and the odd model kit, postage from the States isn't cheap,
and our 'wonderful' revenue system here nabs everything that comes in from non EU countries, and slaps a 19% import tax and then 23% VAT!
Even if the goods are free, they tax the postage!  :banghead:

Offline rickshaw

« Reply #6 on: July 09, 2019, 06:00:47 pm »

Hi Major,

HTH

Aye! But I think 'salt6' is based in oklahoma, in the US of A!   :thumbsup:
I know from ordering car parts, and the odd model kit, postage from the States isn't cheap,
and our 'wonderful' revenue system here nabs everything that comes in from non EU countries, and slaps a 19% import tax and then 23% VAT!
Even if the goods are free, they tax the postage!  :banghead:

I don'r doubt some kind EU resident soul would volunteer to be a postal intermediary for you, if you were to ask nicely...  ;)
How to reduce carbon emissions - Tip #1 - Walk to the Bar for drinks.

Offline zenrat

• Currently on double secret probation.
« Reply #7 on: July 10, 2019, 03:43:32 am »
While postage from the USA to the rest of the world is expensive, postage to the same locations from Canada is cheaper.
Draw your own conclusions there.

I'd love these parts but I could prolly buy a complete C130 kit for what the postage would be.
Fred

Another ill conceived, lazily thought out, crudely executed and badly painted piece of half arsed what-if modelling muppetry from zenrat industries.

Offline major

• Makes own decals
« Reply #8 on: July 10, 2019, 11:22:37 am »

rickshaw, I wonder who I could ask?  :wacko:
No doubt I could, but, they're not really a priority at the moment. They would probably sit in the spares pile for eones till I get my mojo going!  ;D
And, I have three rather large american motor cars that are demanding my attention, one urgently, coz its my everyday transport.
Not to mention the motorcycles hiding in the back of the container at the end of the garden!

As Zenrat pointed out, probably find a complete kit at some stage for the price of postage! ;D

Oh! And to give an idea of my glacial kit building, murfv I still haven't attached that Hawk front fuselage to the other bits yet!  :banghead: