2019 1 Week GB - THE VOTE!

Started by kitbasher, June 18, 2019, 07:08:10 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

More great creations in a single week, but which is your favourite?  7 days to vote, 2 votes each (and the winner will be revealed when the poll closes).

TallEng's DH 88 Comet CC.1
9 (14.8%)
Gondor's Tornscala
4 (6.6%)
Dizzyfugu's Bunyip IIb
16 (26.2%)
sandiego89's Bearcat on floats
10 (16.4%)
TheChronicOne's Luftwaffe Bede BD-5
5 (8.2%)
zenrat's T-80 AEV PDRV Republican Guard
4 (6.6%)
NARSES2's B&V Ae 607
9 (14.8%)
TomZ's KLu Valkyrie
11 (18%)
Weaver's Alvis Stalwart Space 2099 Lunar Rover
21 (34.4%)
Bungle's Basset Beagle Bungle
3 (4.9%)
Bungle's Diamond Da-42 Dominator
0 (0%)
Tophe's BD-5 family drawings
1 (1.6%)
Ed S's Luftwaffe A-4 Skyhawk
4 (6.6%)
CANSO's Antigravity hovercraft L.A.R.C. ZZ a.k.a. ZeeZee
13 (21.3%)

Total Members Voted: 61

Voting closed: June 25, 2019, 07:08:10 AM

Dizzyfugu

Congratulations, a worthy and charming winner!  :thumbsup:

And, again, many thanks for setting this all up!  :bow:

CANSO

CONGRATS TO THE WINNER!
AND WELL DONE EVERYBODY! :thumbsup:

loupgarou

Congrats to thw winner and to all the participants.
And thanks to the mods for their untiring efforts taming that unruly bunch of modellers!  ;D
Owing to the current financial difficulties, the light at the end of the tunnel will be turned off until further notice.

Weaver

Gosh, thanks very much everybody - truly appreciated from this crowd! :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup:

Well done to everybody else who entered too - it was a particularly fine field.

I have the intention to put the Lunar Rover on a base at some point, but it's already made it's show debut at Coventry.

Quote from: PR19_Kit on June 25, 2019, 07:56:06 AM
The Lunar Rover joins the Track Rover in the list of Weaver's all time greats. Nice one H.  :thumbsup:

The word 'Rover' is obviously the key thing here. Look forward to the Sail-Rover, Jet-Rover, Float-Rover, Heli-Rover and Warp-Rover in he future... :wacko:
"Things need not have happened to be true. Tales and dreams are the shadow-truths that will endure when mere facts are dust and ashes, and forgot."
 - Sandman: A Midsummer Night's Dream, by Neil Gaiman

"I dunno, I'm making this up as I go."
 - Indiana Jones

PR19_Kit

Quote from: Weaver on June 25, 2019, 01:58:19 PM

The Lunar Rover joins the Track Rover in the list of Weaver's all time greats. Nice one H.  :thumbsup:

The word 'Rover' is obviously the key thing here. Look forward to the Sail-Rover, Jet-Rover, Float-Rover, Heli-Rover and Warp-Rover in he future... :wacko:

You're ahead of me there H, I'd got as far as Sail-Rover and Heli-Rover in my head, but the rest have great potential too!  :thumbsup:

The trouble with Jet-Rover though is that Rover themselves did it maybe 4-5 times already.
Kit's Rule 1 ) Any aircraft can be improved by fitting longer wings, and/or a longer fuselage
Kit's Rule 2) The backstory can always be changed to suit the model

...and I'm not a closeted 'Take That' fan, I'm a REAL fan! :)

Regards
Kit

Weaver

Quote from: PR19_Kit on June 25, 2019, 02:51:41 PM
Quote from: Weaver on June 25, 2019, 01:58:19 PM

You're ahead of me there H, I'd got as far as Sail-Rover and Heli-Rover in my head, but the rest have great potential too!  :thumbsup:

The trouble with Jet-Rover though is that Rover themselves did it maybe 4-5 times already.

Maybe I should put the Lunar Rover on it's base with one wheel off and have an AA Series 1 rescuing it, just for balance with the TrackRover dio... :wacko:
"Things need not have happened to be true. Tales and dreams are the shadow-truths that will endure when mere facts are dust and ashes, and forgot."

- Indiana Jones

zenrat

Well done H.

Hover-Rover?  Guaranteed to confuse those for whom English isn't their first tongue.

Fred

- Can't be bothered to do the proper research and get it right.

Another ill conceived, lazily thought out, crudely executed and badly painted piece of half arsed what-if modelling muppetry from zenrat industries.

zenrat industries:  We're everywhere...for your convenience..

Weaver

Quote from: zenrat on June 26, 2019, 02:51:00 AM
Well done H.

Hover-Rover?  Guaranteed to confuse those for whom English isn't their first tongue.

Been done for real, believe it or not  ;D:

There's even an Eagle cutaway, so it must be true  ;) :

Wonderfully 'period' Pathé News video on Youtube: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kD3oUZkEnQQ

More info: https://www.worldhistory.biz/contemporary-history/72593-hover-rover.html
Pics from here: http://forum.retro-rides.org/thread/200243/hover-rover
Video from link here: http://funrover.com/history/5-bizarre-odd-land-rovers/

Of course, the fact that it's been done once doesn't mean it couldn't be done differently or better... :wacko:

- Indiana Jones

Old Wombat

Well done to both Weaver & Dizzy for the Gold & Silver! :thumbsup:

Two exceptional builds in a great line-up! :bow:
Has a life outside of What-If & wishes it would stop interfering!

"The purpose of all War is Peace" - St. Augustine

veritas ad mortus veritas est

NARSES2

Well done H and Dizzy and many thanks to Dave for moderating the GB  :thumbsup:
Do not condemn the judgement of another because it differs from your own. You may both be wrong.

kitbasher

Quote from: NARSES2 on June 26, 2019, 07:22:57 AM
Well done H and Dizzy and many thanks to Dave for moderating the GB  :thumbsup:

Always a pleasure
What If? & Secret Project SIG member.
On the go: Beaumaris/Battle/Bronco/Barracuda/Corsair GA.1/Flatning/Hellcat IV/Hunter PR11/Hurricane IIb/Ice Cream Tank/JP T4/Jumo MiG-15/P1103 (early)/P1154-ish/Phantom FG1/I-153/Sea Hawk T7/Spitfire XII/Spitfire Tr18/Twin Otter/FrankenCOIN/Frankenfighter

Weaver

Yes thanks Dave -- good job, well done.  :thumbsup:

- Indiana Jones

Dizzyfugu

Quote from: Weaver on June 27, 2019, 01:44:48 PM
Yes thanks Dave -- good job, well done.  :thumbsup:

Second that, thanks a lot!  :lol: