Author Topic: 1/35 Motorbike Riders  (Read 496 times)

Offline Mossie

• Twiglet doctor
  • What-IF SIG
  • Needs A Life Outside What-If
  • Don't laugh at his mule
Re: 1/35 Motorbike Riders
« Reply #15 on: May 14, 2019, 05:02:15 am »
No probs, no rush for them! :thumbsup:
I don't think it's nice, you laughin'. You see, my mule don't like people laughin'. He gets the crazy idea you're laughin' at him. Now if you apologize, like I know you're going to, I might convince him that you really didn't mean it.

Offline Mossie

• Twiglet doctor
  • What-IF SIG
« Reply #16 on: May 15, 2019, 06:07:49 am »
I got a reply back from Balaton Model who do the Izh Jupiter, unfortunately the don't do the figure separately.  Shame, it's a lovely figure.  So that's out the window unless anyone's got a pressing need for an Izh Jupiter and willing to go splits????
http://www.balatonmodellshop.co.uk/spd/BM3576/Izh-Jupiter-1-35-with-female-dieselpunk-style-figu
I don't think it's nice, you laughin'. You see, my mule don't like people laughin'. He gets the crazy idea you're laughin' at him. Now if you apologize, like I know you're going to, I might convince him that you really didn't mean it.

Offline Rick Lowe

« Reply #17 on: May 23, 2019, 02:37:07 am »
Mossie, I've just realized the old Italeri 1/35 US Marines have a couple of figures with trousers out over their boots - i.e. not bloused into the leggings.

https://www.scalemates.com/kits/italeri-310-marine-corps--101698

And the figure from their old M4A1 76mm Sherman is the same. Bottom Right, the oval-shaped parts are the shoes that attach to the bottoms of the trousers:

https://picclick.com/Italeri-Sherman-M4-A1-Allied-Standard-Tank-Model-233228849534.html#&gid=1&pid=5

May be a start for your needs?

Offline Mossie

• Twiglet doctor
  • What-IF SIG
« Reply #18 on: May 23, 2019, 05:50:45 am »
Might be useful, thank you.  I think a conversion is going to have to be the way.

I have found one last figure that's almost plug and play, the parachute looks like it comes separately so might work.  It's a flight jacket rather than a bikers one, I could probably get away with it or simply modify the collar.  I don't like the umbilical thing on the head, but I'd probably hide it with a helmet anyway.

Offline Rick Lowe

« Reply #19 on: May 23, 2019, 11:24:01 am »
Sounds like you're going to have fun, anyway...
Nothing wrong with cobbling something together from a variety of parts.

"My Creature - It's ALIVE!"  :o

Offline Weaver

• I'm either dumb or evil - you decide.....
  • What-IF SIG
  • Has a life outside What-If that is also What If
« Reply #20 on: May 23, 2019, 12:36:49 pm »
Here's Master Box's figure range. Might be something of use in there:

http://www.mbltd.info/figures/1-35-scale.html
Neophyte: Is Eris true?
Malaclypse the Younger: Everything is true.
Neo: Even false things?
MtY: Even false things are true.
Neo: How can that be?
MtY: I don't know man, I didn't do it.
Principia Discordia

Twitter: @hws5mp
www.minds.com: @HaroldWeaverSmith

Offline Mossie

• Twiglet doctor
  • What-IF SIG
« Reply #21 on: May 23, 2019, 03:33:25 pm »
Sounds like you're going to have fun, anyway...
Nothing wrong with cobbling something together from a variety of parts.

"My Creature - It's ALIVE!"  :o

I need to get around to finding a photo hosting site and post a picture of Boris Karloff!

Here's Master Box's figure range. Might be something of use in there:

http://www.mbltd.info/figures/1-35-scale.html

Some of the Master Box sets are interesting.  I'd discounted the the German riders at first but revisiting them after your post, I  realise the coat tails come separately so could be trimmed or left off. I quite like the guys pushing, it's got a gritty sense of reality.  I'm not sure if it'd work for my project, it's a bit bigger than your common or garden motorbike.  The motorcycle troop team might be better.

Offline kitnut617

• That's got his tum rumbling already just by the sound of it.
« Reply #22 on: May 23, 2019, 04:55:01 pm »
Scroll down quite a bit Simon, there's one called 'zombie' which has a girl on a motorcycle about to shoot a zombie
If I'm not building models, I'm out riding my dirtbike

Offline Mossie

• Twiglet doctor
  • What-IF SIG
« Reply #23 on: May 24, 2019, 01:33:08 am »
I've checked her out (! ;D), unfortunately her mould is wrapped up with her scarf so modifying her head in line with what I'm looking for may be difficult.  Saying that, if I relaxed my vision a bit she could work.