Author Topic: Scooter's randomness- The Blob...er, Blog  (Read 12900 times)

Offline scooter

• Needs A Life Outside What-If
Re: Scooter's randomness- The Blob...er, Blog
« Reply #105 on: May 31, 2020, 10:22:57 am »
Currently working on another set of renders, in my own particular style, based on what is essentially a D&D adventure hook:
The F-106- 26 December 1956 to 8 August 1988
Gone But Not Forgotten

Oh are you from Wales ?? Do you know a fella named Jonah ?? He used to live in whales for a while.
— Groucho Marx

My dA page: Scooternjng

Offline NARSES2

• Nick was always on his mind - just ask the Pet Shop Boys
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #106 on: June 01, 2020, 05:33:37 am »
It's certainly plausible. Set in the 1870's, just after the Franco-Prussian War ?

Brain just moved another cog and a thought occurred. If the French pirate had been a powder monkey (or whatever the French equivalent was) then set in the 1870's and he wouldn't need to be that elderly ? Could have him as a young member of the nobility who's fled the 1830 French revolution ? Family was on the wrong side ?
« Last Edit: June 01, 2020, 05:37:45 am by NARSES2 »
Decals my @r$e!

Offline scooter

« Reply #107 on: July 08, 2020, 08:45:36 pm »
On a side note, I'm thinking of modifying the Class of 1940, as mentioned here on the blurb for the Boudicca.  As stated, four light cruisers and three fast BBs.  However, I'm thinking 8 ships- 4 light and 4 heavy cruisers- ordered from various shipyards before the runup to World War II, for two ships, the Fall of France.

Already, I've got the Brookylyn-class CL Plentyn Taranau and Town-class Boudicca.  To round out the light cruisers, a La Galissonniere and a Nürnburg.  For the heavy cruisers, I'm thinking Wichita-class and County-class.  I'm thinking either German, Italian, or French for the other two.  No need for anything heavier as, according to my headcanon, Londthyrian government purchased the four Mackensen-class battlecruisers in the early 20's, for a negotiated price of 16 million RM in gold, were completed and are in service when the Class of 1940 is entering service.
The F-106- 26 December 1956 to 8 August 1988
Gone But Not Forgotten

Oh are you from Wales ?? Do you know a fella named Jonah ?? He used to live in whales for a while.
— Groucho Marx

My dA page: Scooternjng