Author Topic: AMX International - 'Ideas Vault'  (Read 3755 times)

Offline DarrenP2

• Kitbasher
Re: AMX International - 'Ideas Vault'
« Reply #30 on: February 12, 2016, 02:51:57 pm »
European Space Agency training aircraft?

RAF/FAA dissimilar air combat trainer for 100sqn and 736Sqn

Offline silverwindblade

• Makes own decals
  • Formely Known as Silverfox
    • Gordon's Alive Podcast
« Reply #31 on: September 27, 2019, 02:02:02 pm »
Hate to necropost, but there's already this topic, so I didn't want to start a new one for an existing aircraft.
I've got one of these in my stash, and I'm pondering what to hang under it, and what scheme to do it in.
I'm not overly beholden to national air forces and operators; I base most of my builds on the fictional setting I've developed. However, doing this as a maritime light-strike aircraft is something that sounds good. Not sure what to arm it with? Would Harpoons be out of its' weight class, especially two of them?
Ideally I'd go for Penguins, but they're like rocking-horse poo in 1/48th scale.
I have some 1/48th torpedoes from an S-3 Viking that are itching to go on something, but I think they'd look wrong.
Suggestions? Ideas? Comments?
Amidst the blue skies, a link from past to future. The sheltering wings of the protector...
Gordon's Alive, a Podcast I host. Check us out!

Offline scooter

• Needs A Life Outside What-If
« Reply #32 on: September 27, 2019, 05:12:14 pm »
Hate to necropost, but there's already this topic, so I didn't want to start a new one for an existing aircraft.
I've got one of these in my stash, and I'm pondering what to hang under it, and what scheme to do it in.
I'm not overly beholden to national air forces and operators; I base most of my builds on the fictional setting I've developed. However, doing this as a maritime light-strike aircraft is something that sounds good. Not sure what to arm it with? Would Harpoons be out of its' weight class, especially two of them?
Ideally I'd go for Penguins, but they're like rocking-horse poo in 1/48th scale.
I have some 1/48th torpedoes from an S-3 Viking that are itching to go on something, but I think they'd look wrong.
Suggestions? Ideas? Comments?

Well, considering the MTOW, according to Wiki, for an AMX is 28.66k lbs (13000kg), and a Harrier's rolling MTOW is, again according to Wiki, is 31k lbs (14000 kg), and the Harpoon wasadapted for Harrier carriage (again, according to Wiki), you should be fine.  Although torps on a modern(ish) jet would look delightfully anachronistic.
The F-106- 26 December 1956 to 8 August 1988
Gone But Not Forgotten

Oh are you from Wales ?? Do you know a fella named Jonah ?? He used to live in whales for a while.
Groucho Marx

My dA page: Scooternjng

Offline tahsin

• Makes own decals
« Reply #33 on: June 11, 2020, 07:58:15 am »
Finally l found the name for a plane l had seen on the web. lA 63 Avanzado. An Argentinian project based on the Pampa trainer, it really looks like an AMX with inlets low on the hull.

Offline Weaver

• I'm either dumb or evil - you decide.....
  • What-IF SIG
  • Has a life outside What-If that is also What If
« Reply #34 on: June 11, 2020, 10:40:21 am »
Don't the Italians use Kormoran AShMs on their AMXs?
Neophyte: Is Eris true?
Malaclypse the Younger: Everything is true.
Neo: Even false things?
MtY: Even false things are true.
Neo: How can that be?
MtY: I don't know man, I didn't do it.
Principia Discordia

Twitter: @hws5mp
www.minds.com: @HaroldWeaverSmith

Offline Cobra

• Plans to do the Spearhead
« Reply #35 on: June 11, 2020, 08:26:51 pm »
how about doing the AMX in the Bright/Chrome Yellow ASR Scheme Featured in Gerry Anderson's Thunderbirds? Dan

Offline tahsin

• Makes own decals
« Reply #36 on: June 12, 2020, 05:08:45 am »
And let me correct myself as the full AMX lookalike is lA 68 while 63 still has two small engines, as far as l can tell.