GROUP BUILDS > The Flying Machines of Unconventional Means GB

The Rules

(1/5) > >>

NARSES2:
Right here are the rules for the G.B.  Apologies for the delay in getting this up, but I've been struggling to get my brain around it. If you are unsure as to whether your idea fits into the G.B. or not then please contact the moderators to check (PR19 Kit and Narses2). They will then discuss it and get back to you with an answer. I think for this G.B. we will definitely be playing it on a case by case basis. So if unsure, ask.

1. This GB runs from the 1st March 2019 until midnight of 31st May 2019. Extensions will be considered in the normal way nearer the date.

2. So what does the G.B. encompass ?  Broadly it includes any type that could be considered even slightly unusual or unconventional at the time it was conceived. So VTOL/STOVL, Tilt wings, Zell types, Helicopters and other rotary types, lighter than air types etc which were conceived and built let alone the really odd types the honourable members can come up with.

If you have an idea for something that gets off the ground (or tries to) by methods other than the vehicles forward motion causing air to travel over an aerofoil surface then itís probably included. If in doubt ask.

3. Models, drawings, artwork and stories are all eligible.

4. Models already started are allowed as long as major building work has not started before the GB begins. Check with the Moderators. 

5. Finished models and profiles to be posted (with picture and link to build thread) in the finished builds thread within the overall GB thread in this Board. Please do not post comments in the finished builds thread.

6. Have FUN. 

8. Moderators are PR19 Kit and Narses2.

9. There is no rule 7, don't EVER ask about rule 7 (O.K. so sometimes itís Rule 6 that doesn't get mentioned, but Rule 7 had a right moan about being overworked last time out so I gave in ).

Weaver:
A question if I may?

Would it be permissible to saw a major part in half before the start date, for the purposes of making a (non-glued) mock-up?

McColm:
Can you kitbash from other started whiffs?

sandiego89:
I like the rules Chris. 

Good stuff- thanks as always.

Dave

NARSES2:

--- Quote from: Weaver on February 26, 2019, 02:26:29 am ---A question if I may?

Would it be permissible to saw a major part in half before the start date, for the purposes of making a (non-glued) mock-up?

--- End quote ---

I don't have a problem with that as long as that's all you'll be doing.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version