1/72 "German" Tiger Moth from The Blue Max

Started by KiwiZac, October 24, 2018, 04:51:31 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

KiwiZac

Quote from: Glenn on October 25, 2018, 06:48:31 PM
To complete the set, all you need now, is a Stamp S4.
Glenn
Unfortunately that's not on my radar, the fourth and final planned build is the Siemens Halske-powered Dr.I in Willi von Klugermann's markings. But the idea of putting lozenge decals on those scalloped trailing edges...

Quote from: Army of One on October 26, 2018, 02:39:05 PMI have always wanted to try a WW1 or biplane with rigging
To that I say: buy some superglue, some rigging thread, and print a copy of this guide for your bench:

Think Nike and just do it!  :thumbsup:
Zac in NZ
#avgeek, modelbuilder, photographer, writer. Callsign: "HANDBAG"
https://linktr.ee/zacyates

NARSES2

That's a good guide Zac.

It amazes me that a couple of companies produce 1/32 and 1/48 scale metal turnbuckles of various styles  :o
Do not condemn the judgement of another because it differs from your own. You may both be wrong.

The Rat

"My mind is a raging torrent, flooded with rivulets of thought, cascading into a waterfall of creative alternatives." Hedley Lamarr, Blazing Saddles

Life is too short to worry about perfection

Youtube: https://tinyurl.com/46dpfdpr

zenrat

Quote from: KiwiZac on October 29, 2018, 05:38:53 AM

Think Nike and just do it!  :thumbsup:

That makes it look so easy.
#8 fails to show the required third hand, the line superglued to the tweezers or the overturned bottle of accelerator.
Fred

- Can't be bothered to do the proper research and get it right.

Another ill conceived, lazily thought out, crudely executed and badly painted piece of half arsed what-if modelling muppetry from zenrat industries.

zenrat industries:  We're everywhere...for your convenience..

KiwiZac

Quote from: NARSES2 on October 29, 2018, 08:15:00 AM
It amazes me that a couple of companies produce 1/32 and 1/48 scale metal turnbuckles of various styles  :o
Me too. They look very nice but are still a bit big for my liking.

Quote from: zenrat on October 30, 2018, 02:17:23 AM
That makes it look so easy.
#8 fails to show the required third hand, the line superglued to the tweezers or the overturned bottle of accelerator.
Even without the accelerator - I just try to be patient - it can be fiddly! You also learn to hold the thread half an inch or so back from where it'll glue. But the way I overcame my fear of doing it was...just doing it!
Zac in NZ
#avgeek, modelbuilder, photographer, writer. Callsign: "HANDBAG"
https://linktr.ee/zacyates

zenrat

Lack of patience is regularly my downfall.
Fred

- Can't be bothered to do the proper research and get it right.

Another ill conceived, lazily thought out, crudely executed and badly painted piece of half arsed what-if modelling muppetry from zenrat industries.

zenrat industries:  We're everywhere...for your convenience..

NARSES2

I think good quality thin super glue helps as well, rather than the stuff I use for general purpose work.

I've also noted the size of drill they recommend. Cheers Zac  :thumbsup:
Do not condemn the judgement of another because it differs from your own. You may both be wrong.

Glenn Gilbertson

major

I still have problems threading a darning needle!
Think its to do with me arms not being long enough!  ;D