Looking for a WW2 aircraft, likely a prototype.

Started by Sauragnmon, January 04, 2018, 10:24:33 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Dizzyfugu

Found two Italian contenders, too. The SM.91 first...

...and the slightly less conventional, asymmetrical SM.92:

Also note the unique rearward-facing gun on the stabilizer!

NARSES2

Do not condemn the judgement of another because it differs from your own. You may both be wrong.

Dizzyfugu

...and I've found the rather special and stillborn Martin-Baker "Tank Buster" project:

perttime

PR19_Kit

Are you sure that SM.92 isn't one of Tophe's designs?  :o
Kit's Rule 1 ) Any aircraft can be improved by fitting longer wings, and/or a longer fuselage
Kit's Rule 2) The backstory can always be changed to suit the model

...and I'm not a closeted 'Take That' fan, I'm a REAL fan! :)

Regards
Kit

TheChronicOne

I know the cockpit is forward of the wing, etc, but this is another "contender" I thought I'd add:

I must know, though, did you ever figure out what it was??
-Sprues McDuck-

PR19_Kit

Quote from: TheChronicOne on July 20, 2018, 08:15:54 PM

Another one of Stephane Baumont's wonderful designs.  :thumbsup:

And the inspiration for my Tri-Stang too.

I miss his amazing photographic quality artworks on here.  :banghead:
Kit's Rule 1 ) Any aircraft can be improved by fitting longer wings, and/or a longer fuselage

Regards
Kit

TheChronicOne

I thought that was real!!  I guess the first clue should have been the fact I'd never seen it before.  ;D   

Yeah, I'd say his work is pretty cool.  ;D :mellow: :mellow:   This thing is gorgeous, I can see why you were inspired and I am, too.

-Sprues McDuck-

PR19_Kit

Quote from: TheChronicOne on July 20, 2018, 10:44:27 PM

I thought that was real!!  I guess the first clue should have been the fact I'd never seen it before.  ;D   

Yeah, I'd say his work is pretty cool.  ;D :mellow: :mellow:   This thing is gorgeous, I can see why you were inspired and I am, too.

Yes, Stephane's a true artist.  :thumbsup:

Take a look at his gallery on DeviantArt, it'll keep you occupied for a few hours. ;D He's on a TinTin kick at the moment but scroll down and you'll find DOZENS of his amazing aircraft.

https://www.deviantart.com/bispro/gallery/

Regards
Kit

JayBee

My Oh My Oh My.
That site is seriously bad/good for the imagination.
I have seen a couple of his illustrations before, and there are a few models aropund that must have been inspired by his work.
It has certainly got my mind churning.  :wub:
Alle kunst ist umsunst wenn ein engel auf das zundloch brunzt!!

Sic biscuitus disintegratum!

Cats are not real. 
They are just physical manifestations of collisions between enigma & conundrum particles.

Any aircraft can be improved by giving it a SHARKMOUTH!

PR19_Kit

Quote from: JayBee on July 21, 2018, 03:43:36 AM

That site is seriously bad/good for the imagination.
I have seen a couple of his illustrations before, and there are a few models aropund that must have been inspired by his work.

Yes indeed Jim, Stephane is a serious loss to our site here.  :banghead:

Regards
Kit

Tophe

[the word "realistic" hurts my heart...]

KJ_Lesnick

Quote from: Dizzyfugu on January 09, 2018, 06:56:30 AM
...and I've found the rather special and stillborn Martin-Baker "Tank Buster" project:

This is fictional right?
That being said, I'd like to remind everybody in a manner reminiscent of the SNL bit on Julian Assange, that no matter how I die: It was murder (even if there was a suicide note or a video of me peacefully dying in my sleep); should I be framed for a criminal offense or disappear, you know to blame.

Tophe

This has never been actually built nor entered RAF, but it was truly designed in the early 1940s and actually patented (I could find the patent if necessary)
EDIT: this is a 1942/43 patent, number GB556826,
see https://worldwide.espacenet.com/publicationDetails/mosaics?CC=GB&NR=556826A&KC=A&FT=D&ND=3&date=19431022&DB=EPODOC&locale=en_EP#
[the word "realistic" hurts my heart...]

NARSES2

Yup, Martin Baker Tankbuster.

That's the Unicraft kit but with a modern Gatling gun in the nose rather than the cannon proposed for the original.
Do not condemn the judgement of another because it differs from your own. You may both be wrong.