My stash just grew again 2018.

Started by Martin H, December 31, 2017, 03:06:05 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

McColm

Two last minute buys on eBay both in 1/72 scale;
Revell Avro Shackleton MR.3
Part built Avro Lancaster BI/III (to be used on my Avro Lincoln build).

zenrat

My 35 year old tin of Humbrol Enamel #16 (gold) finally became unusable when I tried to thin it with Tamiya Enamel thinners.
A trip to the LHS to replace it resulted in the additional purchase of an Italeri Bell AH-1/AB-47 and an Academy Grumman TBF-1 Avenger.
Fred

- Can't be bothered to do the proper research and get it right.

Another ill conceived, lazily thought out, crudely executed and badly painted piece of half arsed what-if modelling muppetry from zenrat industries.

zenrat industries:  We're everywhere...for your convenience..

Howard of Effingham

My final two kit purchases for 2018 were earlier this afternoon in Beeston and by chance.

Airfix 1/72 FAA F-4K/FG.1
Airfix 1/72 SHAR F/A.2

I had passed in a taxi earlier in the day a shop that had a small sign outside the shop 'Applebees - Electricals and Models'. For what it was a good stock of the latest Airfix releases. When I'm next here, I shall be paying it another visit!
Keeper of George the Cat.

Dizzyfugu

Final 2018 purchase: a Dragon 1:72 Panther Flakpanzer 341, the one with the staggered 4x 20mm cannon turret.

chrisonord

Just picked up two kits from the post office, but neither of them the  hs p87 I have been looking forward to getting.  :-\
AZ models L-200A Morava, and a Trumpeter Soviet komintern Artillery tractor. You could probably fit four of the tractor kits in the box and have room for the glue and paint you would need for them too. Total waste of resources, but a nice looking little kit all the same.
Chris
The dogs philosophy on life.
If you cant eat it hump it or fight it,
Pee on it and walk away!!

PR19_Kit

A whole slew of superb resin parts and other stuff from the Parts Box in Oz, thanks to Fred Zenrat for the link to their site.  :thumbsup:

They're all 1/24 car bits for the RW model of my brother's car and you just can't get the stuff in UK, or if you can I can't find it anyway.
Kit's Rule 1 ) Any aircraft can be improved by fitting longer wings, and/or a longer fuselage
Kit's Rule 2) The backstory can always be changed to suit the model

...and I'm not a closeted 'Take That' fan, I'm a REAL fan! :)

Regards
Kit