Author Topic: Wanted/For Sale  (Read 12881 times)

Offline The Wooksta!

• Slayer of "V" Bombers
  • What-IF SIG
  • Needs A Life Outside What-If
  • Would you risk it for a chocolate biscuit?
Re: Wanted/For Sale
« Reply #135 on: May 23, 2020, 04:20:16 pm »
You know, I swear I'm going mad.  I seem to be reading things into what people are saying that quite simply aren't there.  And frighteningly, it seem to be getting more and more common.
"It's basically a cure -  for not being an axe-wielding homicidal maniac. The potential market's enormous!"

"Please dial *617 at this time"

"We're the Sweeney, son, and we haven't had any dinner."

"An inaccurate parcel of dog turds!"

The Plan:
www.whatifmodelers.com/index.php/topic,34762.0.ht

Offline kitnut617

• That's got his tum rumbling already just by the sound of it.
« Reply #136 on: May 23, 2020, 04:20:30 pm »
I'm not sure he's entirely correct when he told you that the shape of the wing changes - in planform it doesn't, the taper just carries on from the Lancaster quite smoothly into the Lincoln wing. 

Where did I say that Lee?

Gondor

In planform Lee is right, I think the change is in the dihedral. From the Manchester, through the Lancaster, to the Lincoln, the wingtip height from the ground remained the same.
If I'm not building models, I'm out riding my dirtbike

Offline The Wooksta!

• Slayer of "V" Bombers
  • What-IF SIG
  • Would you risk it for a chocolate biscuit?
« Reply #137 on: May 23, 2020, 04:39:57 pm »
I'm not sure he's entirely correct when he told you that the shape of the wing changes - in planform it doesn't, the taper just carries on from the Lancaster quite smoothly into the Lincoln wing. 

Where did I say that Lee?

Gondor

Here, but it's more me misreading something:

Due to the change in angle of the outer wing panels between the Lancaster and Lincoln the outer engine nacelles are replaced with part 4. For the inner engines part 3 is supplied to replace the front of the nacelle which means that a B. Mk I/III kit can be used.

I thought it said it was a planform change when it meant dihedral.  I refer the honorable gentleman to the statement I made some moments earlier.
"It's basically a cure -  for not being an axe-wielding homicidal maniac. The potential market's enormous!"

"Please dial *617 at this time"

"We're the Sweeney, son, and we haven't had any dinner."

"An inaccurate parcel of dog turds!"

The Plan:
www.whatifmodelers.com/index.php/topic,34762.0.ht

Offline philp

• What-IF SIG
    • My photos on picasaweb
« Reply #138 on: May 23, 2020, 07:48:37 pm »
Thanks all.  I had looked at Woody's build after I received the conversion and will be using it when I give this a go.
https://www.britmodeller.com/forums/index.php?/topic/234973462-172-blackbird-lincoln-conversion-masks-off/

I have a Revell Mk I/III and an Airfix Dambuster in the stash but plan to build both of them as is so still need another Lanc.  Have a guy who has made an offer so unless I see one at the Nats in July (if they really happen) I will probably take him up on it.

Phil Peterson

Vote for the Whiffies

Offline Gondor

• What-IF SIG
  • Builds Slower Than A Glacier Moves
« Reply #139 on: May 24, 2020, 04:34:05 am »

I thought it said it was a planform change when it meant dihedral.  I refer the honorable gentleman to the statement I made some moments earlier.

That's exactly what I meant but for the life of me could I either think of the word or spell it!

Named after the famous Welsh mathematician Di Hedral  ;D

Gondor
My Ability to Imagine is only exceeded by my Imagined Abilities

Offline loupgarou

« Reply #140 on: June 05, 2020, 02:00:30 pm »
Hi, I need for a cousin of mine the instructions for the Gunze Sangyo Alfa Romeo Giulia Sprint GT . Anyone can help?
BTW, I had the links to some sites with a library of instructions, but cannot find them anymore. Any suggestions?
Owing to the current financial difficulties, the light at the end of the tunnel will be turned off until further notice.

Offline zenrat

• Currently on double secret probation.
« Reply #141 on: June 05, 2020, 08:20:48 pm »
Hi, I need for a cousin of mine the instructions for the Gunze Sangyo Alfa Romeo Giulia Sprint GT . Anyone can help?
BTW, I had the links to some sites with a library of instructions, but cannot find them anymore. Any suggestions?

This site doesn't have what you want, but it does have a lot of instructions.
http://www.cavallar.ch/model/

Fred

Another ill conceived, lazily thought out, crudely executed and badly painted piece of half arsed what-if modelling muppetry from zenrat industries.

My name is Commander William Riker.  Take me to your women.

Offline loupgarou

« Reply #142 on: June 06, 2020, 12:22:27 am »
Thanks, Fred. I saved that link, will be useful infuture.
Owing to the current financial difficulties, the light at the end of the tunnel will be turned off until further notice.

Offline TomZ

• aka Zuid99
  • Full scale Arrow in basement
    • Airwar 1946
« Reply #143 on: June 06, 2020, 08:49:49 am »
There's one on eBay at the moment. The listing contains some photo's of the instructions:

https://www.ebay.com/itm/Vintage-GUNZE-1-24-High-Tech-Model-ALFA-ROMEO-GTA-1300-JUNIOR-Valuable-/123835140446

TomZ
Reality is an illusion caused by an alcohol deficiency

Offline PR19_Kit

• Closeted Take That fan
  • What-IF SIG
  • Whiffing since the 70s
« Reply #144 on: June 06, 2020, 09:52:35 am »
Lovely car kits, those Gunze Sangayo ones, although they tend to be curbside without engines etc.

I have one of their Daytona Cobra kits, which has a white metal chassis built just like the full size one, amazing stuff. I've stuffed a Ford 289 in there though, filched from an AMT Cobra kit.

I've only been building it for about 20 yrs, with luck I'll have it done before I'm 100....
Any aircraft can be improved by fitting longer wings, and/or a longer fuselage

...and I'm not a closeted 'Take That' fan, I'm a REAL fan! :)

Regards
Kit

Offline loupgarou

« Reply #145 on: June 06, 2020, 10:19:15 am »
There's one on eBay at the moment. The listing contains some photo's of the instructions:

https://www.ebay.com/itm/Vintage-GUNZE-1-24-High-Tech-Model-ALFA-ROMEO-GTA-1300-JUNIOR-Valuable-/123835140446

TomZ

Thanks a lot, Tom. Link sent.