Inspiration

Started by NARSES2, October 02, 2017, 07:07:53 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

perttime

PR19_Kit

Which means the AG600 has spent a year on ground trials.
Kit's Rule 1 ) Any aircraft can be improved by fitting longer wings, and/or a longer fuselage
Kit's Rule 2) The backstory can always be changed to suit the model

...and I'm not a closeted 'Take That' fan, I'm a REAL fan! :)

Regards
Kit

Weaver

Just to clarify, the pics and the article are not from the same source. Sorry, I should have made that clear. The article had no pics, so I put two on from a Google image search, chosen mostly because they were the right size.

Quote from: NARSES2 on December 24, 2017, 04:06:52 AM
Is that a Red Arrow peeking out from behind it's nose ?

Front end looks a bit of an after thought to me. Almost as though it was designed by a different team to that which designed the back end and the wings ?

Most of the thing is so like a Shin-Meiwa that it's hard to believe they weren't at least consultants on the project. The nose looks like somebody crossed a Be-200 with a Be-40 Albatross and grafted it on.
"Things need not have happened to be true. Tales and dreams are the shadow-truths that will endure when mere facts are dust and ashes, and forgot."
 - Morpheus in Sandman: A Midsummer Night's Dream, by Neil Gaiman

"I dunno, I'm making this up as I go."
 - Indiana Jones '

Weaver

Quote from: zenrat on December 23, 2017, 08:51:30 PM
We'll have one of them in 1/72 please Trumpeter.
:thumbsup:

...and then three years later, we'll have one with the same number of prop blades on each engine please.... :wacko:
"Things need not have happened to be true. Tales and dreams are the shadow-truths that will endure when mere facts are dust and ashes, and forgot."
 - Morpheus in Sandman: A Midsummer Night's Dream, by Neil Gaiman

"I dunno, I'm making this up as I go."
 - Indiana Jones '

NARSES2

For those with a couple of hundred quid to spare  ;)

https://www.hannants.co.uk/product/AMU03872

Do not condemn the judgement of another because it differs from your own. You may both be wrong.

Mossie

It's a bargain, given that you could sleep on the wing once it's built, or use it as a workbench.   :rolleyes:
I don't think it's nice, you laughin'. You see, my mule don't like people laughin'. He gets the crazy idea you're laughin' at him. Now if you apologize, like I know you're going to, I might convince him that you really didn't mean it.

kitnut617

Hmm, I've got a 1/72 vacuform of the Mars, it's not that big ------

Now the Hughes HK-1 in 1/72 ------   that's big
If I'm not building models, I'm out riding my dirtbike

PR19_Kit

Quote from: Mossie on December 30, 2017, 03:46:30 AM

It's a bargain, given that you could sleep on the wing once it's built, or use it as a workbench.   :rolleyes:

Or keep all your other models inside it................
Kit's Rule 1 ) Any aircraft can be improved by fitting longer wings, and/or a longer fuselage
Kit's Rule 2) The backstory can always be changed to suit the model

...and I'm not a closeted 'Take That' fan, I'm a REAL fan! :)

Regards
Kit

Rick Lowe

Just thinking that Tophe would love the Boeing 320...  <_<

and the Russian 8X8 amphib looks very Joe-90, don'tchathink?

zenrat

I was thinking "meh, A Model, it'll be crap" and then I read the words saying 'this is too big to send by post' and I wanted one really badly.
I think I have a problem...
Fred

- Can't be bothered to do the proper research and get it right.

Another ill conceived, lazily thought out, crudely executed and badly painted piece of half arsed what-if modelling muppetry from zenrat industries.

zenrat industries:  We're everywhere...for your convenience..

Rick Lowe

Quote from: zenrat on December 30, 2017, 10:35:32 PM
I was thinking "meh, A Model, it'll be crap" and then I read the words saying 'this is too big to send by post' and I wanted one really badly.
I think I have a problem...

Naaah mate, you're just contrary... somewhat like a lot of us here, I daresay  ;D

nighthunter

Anybody notice the knockoff C-17 in the background of the first picture?
"Mind that bus." "What bus?" *SPLAT!*

kitnut617

Quote from: nighthunter on January 27, 2018, 07:13:51 PM
Anybody notice the knockoff C-17 in the background of the first picture?

Yeah I did, it's an Xian Y-20. From what I've read and can see of it, it's a development of the Il-76 Candid
If I'm not building models, I'm out riding my dirtbike

megamoto