GROUP BUILDS > The 2017 One Week Build

Gnats in Portugal

(1/11) > >>

DogfighterZen:
So, going to try this one week GB for the first time, although it's a late entry and i've have never finished a model in less than a full month... :rolleyes:
With that said, "What if the PoAF had bought 8 Folland Gnat T.1 trainers in September of 1965 for it's academy?" ;)

The kit will be the Airfix 1/72 kit and the scheme will be created as i go along the build because it will be an aerobatic display team aircraft... and for the first time, i'm going to paint a plane in white... ;D

I'm enjoying the last of my 2016 vacation days so i should have enough time for this so i should have something to show soon.

:cheers:

DogfighterZen:
Ok, haven't taken many pics of the assembly but it's almost ready for primer! :o
The kit is easy to put together so i just assembled everything OOB after painting the separate parts of the cockpit and landing gear bays and quickly closed up the fuselage...

The intakes were a bit hard to fit in but went in there after a little convincing, still would need some sanding...

Some joints needed some work but UMP sanders took care of everything...

And after all was sanded smooth, i glued the pitot tube on and it's just waiting for the pilots and the masked canopy to get some primer on it...

:cheers:

Librarian:
Still have such a soft spot for the smaller jets and the Gnat has a certain something...much prettier than the Hawk. Airfix really have to do something about their 'tramline' panelling, especially as the kits aren't that cheap.

strobez:
That's looking great! I built one recently that was a joy to fit together. I was seriously considering having another go at it for the 1-wk GB.

Can't wait to see what she looks like in white. :)

Dizzyfugu:

--- Quote from: Librarian on May 31, 2017, 05:39:29 pm ---Still have such a soft spot for the smaller jets and the Gnat has a certain something...much prettier than the Hawk. Airfix really have to do something about their 'tramline' panelling, especially as the kits aren't that cheap.

--- End quote ---

The deep panels are IMHO not that bad. It really evens out once you add some paint (at least with a brush), and the engravings remain deep enough for washes.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version