GROUP BUILDS > The 2017 One Week Build

Liberty ship- Convair POGO training platform- Finished

(1/7) > >>

sandiego89:
Even with the revised flight controls, the unique landing configuration of the production version of the POGO proved challenging. A cheap and reliable training ship was desired before sending pilots to the fleet.  A Liberty ship was pulled from the ghost fleet in Orange, Texas and was sent to the yards for the fitting of an aft flight deck.   

The kit- 1/700 Skywave/Pit Road USS Bootes.

POGO's will be from ancient Skyrays (1/800?) and lots of scratch.

PR19_Kit:
I LOVE that idea.  :thumbsup:

kitnut617:
My Dad during WWII made a Liberty ship from plans which required use of soldered cut-up tin cans for it's fabrication and had a white spirit fueled boiler. It floated quite well. My Bro' has it now so I should go down to his place and see what scale it was. IIRC, my Dad said it was 1/72

Rick Lowe:

--- Quote from: kitnut617 on May 27, 2017, 04:20:55 pm ---My Dad during WWII made a Liberty ship from plans which required use of soldered cut-up tin cans for it's fabrication and had a white spirit fueled boiler. It floated quite well. My Bro' has it now so I should go down to his place and see what scale it was. IIRC, my Dad said it was 1/72

--- End quote ---

Old-School Scratchbuilding at it's finest! And a working model, to boot - c'mon, we've got to see pics of this!  <_<

PR19_Kit:

--- Quote from: Rick Lowe on May 27, 2017, 09:09:17 pm ---
--- Quote from: kitnut617 on May 27, 2017, 04:20:55 pm ---My Dad during WWII made a Liberty ship from plans which required use of soldered cut-up tin cans for it's fabrication and had a white spirit fueled boiler. It floated quite well. My Bro' has it now so I should go down to his place and see what scale it was. IIRC, my Dad said it was 1/72

--- End quote ---

Old-School Scratchbuilding at it's finest! And a working model, to boot - c'mon, we've got to see pics of this!  <_<

--- End quote ---

And it's got to be BIG too, over 6 ft long at 1/72 scale.  :o

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version