Soviet Stealth - SU-40 Flatliner

Started by DogfighterZen, February 02, 2017, 03:44:49 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

PR19_Kit

That's REALLY good work. it no longer looks like a clunky cartoon of itself, as the original does. Now it's a fully fledged and optimal design.

Very well done indeed.  :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup:
Kit's Rule 1 ) Any aircraft can be improved by fitting longer wings, and/or a longer fuselage
Kit's Rule 2) The backstory can always be changed to suit the model

...and I'm not a closeted 'Take That' fan, I'm a REAL fan! :)

Regards
Kit

DogfighterZen

Quote from: PR19_Kit on March 18, 2017, 01:29:59 PM
That's REALLY good work. it no longer looks like a clunky cartoon of itself, as the original does. Now it's a fully fledged and optimal design.

Very well done indeed.  :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup:

Glad you like it, Kit, thank you! :bow:
You know, speaking of design, i imagine that those intakes being on the top of the fuselage wouldn't be too good at high AoA, would they? If the airflow to the engines wasn't enough beyond a certain angle, maybe have auxiliary intakes like the Fulcrum? :unsure:
And i know the wing increase wasn't much, but at least they look longer, right? ;) ;D :cheers:
"Sticks and stones may break some bones but a 3.57's gonna blow your damn head off!!"

Snowtrooper

Subtle improvement :thumbsup:

Yes, the intakes are extremely poorly placed (no to mention too small) in most of these imaginary stealth jets. Both Testors/Italeri and Monogram "F-19" designs also suffer from bad placement, though the latter at least has large enough opening for the intake, which being unshielded is not stealthy at all (unless there's some sort of internal RAM mesh or S-duct, but there's hardly room for such).

Captain Canada

What a neat looking little beast ! Especially the shot from the front. Looks mean in that stance. Nice story as well.

:wub:
CANADA KICKS arse !!!!

Long Live the Commonwealth !!!
Vive les Canadiens !
Where's my beer ?

DogfighterZen

Quote from: Snowtrooper on March 19, 2017, 04:27:08 AM
Subtle improvement :thumbsup:

Yes, the intakes are extremely poorly placed (no to mention too small) in most of these imaginary stealth jets. Both Testors/Italeri and Monogram "F-19" designs also suffer from bad placement, though the latter at least has large enough opening for the intake, which being unshielded is not stealthy at all (unless there's some sort of internal RAM mesh or S-duct, but there's hardly room for such).

Quote from: Captain Canada on March 19, 2017, 05:04:54 AM
What a neat looking little beast ! Especially the shot from the front. Looks mean in that stance. Nice story as well.

:wub:

Thanks, guys! Glad you like it!  :bow:
Snowtrooper, yeah, i've always had the same opinion about those kits, some things just don't make sense... But they're still a nice base for something else. ;)

:cheers:
"Sticks and stones may break some bones but a 3.57's gonna blow your damn head off!!"