Yakovlev/Embraer Yak-49 "Menace"

Started by Spey_Phantom, December 20, 2016, 12:31:36 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Spey_Phantom

placeholder for my GB entry.

about a year ago, i started with the idea to build a Soviet turboprop COIN aircraft, based on the EMB-312 Tucano.
now im gonna revive that project for this GB. basekit will be an Airfix 1/72 Short Tucano, armed with ordanance from an ICM Soviet/Russian Air to ground weapons set.

pylons will be scratchbuilt, with a scratchbuilt Gsh-23 cannon on the centerline (or in the wingroots, im not 100% sure yet).
color scheme im planning is a 2-tone desert camo for operatons in Afghanistan in the mid/late 80's.
on the bench:

-all kinds of things.

kerick

Don't forget a shield over the exhaust to try to discourage Stinger missiles
" Somewhere, between half true, and completely crazy, is a rainbow of nice colours "
Tophe the Wise

Weaver

'Menace' is a 'miscellaneous' category NATO reporting name: wouldn't an 'F' name be more appropriate?

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/NATO_reporting_name#Aircraft
"Things need not have happened to be true. Tales and dreams are the shadow-truths that will endure when mere facts are dust and ashes, and forgot."
 - Sandman: A Midsummer Night's Dream, by Neil Gaiman

"I dunno, I'm making this up as I go."
 - Indiana Jones

Spey_Phantom

I finally managed to get the project started, althought i, started with the wings first, to do a fit test for the pylons.
however, i ran into a snagg, i built a Kab-500 and a russian rocket pod to test it under the wings, i found out the pylons supplied by ICM in the weapons boxset is too large to fit under the wings, so i might have sratchbuild some new ones or build this model OOB as a trainer.

i could use the weapons set on the planned 1/72 Mig-39 Flatpack (Mig-1.44)

Quote from: Weaver on January 10, 2017, 07:57:31 PM
'Menace' is a 'miscellaneous' category NATO reporting name: wouldn't an 'F' name be more appropriate?

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/NATO_reporting_name#Aircraft

acually yes and no. yes, it is an attacker, but its also a trainer, to an M-desigated name would be more fitting (for example the Yak-130 "Mitten")

some pics of the wing progress and the used kit & weapons set:

on the bench:

-all kinds of things.

TheChronicOne

Sweet!!  Glad to see this under way. 
-Sprues McDuck-

Captain Canada

Cool stuff. That's great box art as well. Love the Tucano !

CANADA KICKS arse !!!!

Long Live the Commonwealth !!!
Vive les Canadiens !
Where's my beer ?