Arado Ar-234 P5 Swept Winged Turbo-Prop Nightfighter - Completed

Started by trickyrich, July 15, 2015, 07:19:16 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

dumaniac

Yes - looks tops

where did you get the props, or did I miss that bit of text

Dumaniac

NARSES2

Do not condemn the judgement of another because it differs from your own. You may both be wrong.

Captain Canada

Wow. This keeps getting better and better. I think the blotches look great and really add to the look. Love the engines too ! Nice to see the 'family' shot as well....excellent work you're doing right now !

:wub: :cheers: :tornado:
CANADA KICKS arse !!!!

Long Live the Commonwealth !!!
Vive les Canadiens !
Where's my beer ?

DogfighterZen

Quote from: Captain Canada on August 31, 2015, 06:18:46 AM
Wow. This keeps getting better and better. I think the blotches look great and really add to the look. Love the engines too ! Nice to see the 'family' shot as well....excellent work you're doing right now !

:wub: :cheers: :tornado:

Totally agree, i like what you're doing! :thumbsup: BTW, how's that Skyraider coming along?

:cheers:
"Sticks and stones may break some bones but a 3.57's gonna blow your damn head off!!"

trickyrich

Quote from: DogfighterZen on September 01, 2015, 07:48:48 AM

BTW, how's that Skyraider coming along?

thanks, I'm pretty much ready to start painting her. Just have to find some time as work has started up for me after nearly two months lazying about! ;D May get some done this weekend or next for sure. Should be pretty quick to paint, using acrylics again...except no Vallejo this time!

trickyrich

Ok I have spent most of my limited time this week on this beasty. The paining is complete, again I like the Vallejo paint but boy is it fragile!! Even though it is nice I don't think I will uses it again of a project like this.

The major markings are not transfers but were painted on with masks! The black crosses underneath look especially good. The process was quite easy though the masks I bought were quite old and were starting to loose their stickiness.

It was then given a coat of clear matt all over, then a coat of gloss where the decals were to go. I was very lucky to find the squadron badge for JG7 in my box of spares....don't know how old they were though! Then they were coated in clear matt.

Now the weathering could start. I have been using Testors Master Model Acrylic Flat for the clear coats, it goes on nice but does have a weird reaction when I am removing the dried black wash. Other matt clear Acrylics and even Enamel clear matt don't seem to be affected, so I may swap back to those.

The props were painted RLM 70 (Black Green) and the exhaust outlets were painted as well.

I do though have a severe dust bunny issue in both cockpits, which I am not too sure how to fix!

She does look really nice but because she is quite dark she doesn't quite have the visual impact she would have had if I had painted her in a nightfighter scheme!

And sorry about the photo's looking very washed out, my camera started to play up while I was taking these photos!

There is not an awful lot left to do which is nice, as work has found a new project for me, not quite so many days away for home, but will slow down the model building. It's been a big project, but one I have really enjoyed.

Gondor

My Ability to Imagine is only exceeded by my Imagined Abilities

Gondor's Modelling Rule Number Three: Everything will fit perfectly untill you apply glue...

I know it's in a book I have around here somewhere....

zenrat

Very good.  IME dust bunnies can be dealt with by carefull selection of which pics you post...
;D
Fred

- Can't be bothered to do the proper research and get it right.

Another ill conceived, lazily thought out, crudely executed and badly painted piece of half arsed what-if modelling muppetry from zenrat industries.

zenrat industries:  We're everywhere...for your convenience..

Captain Canada

Awesome. Love the shape, the engine/ prop comb, the colours, the bomb mounts...this is an excellent whif !

CANADA KICKS arse !!!!

Long Live the Commonwealth !!!
Vive les Canadiens !
Where's my beer ?

NARSES2

Do not condemn the judgement of another because it differs from your own. You may both be wrong.

Glenn Gilbertson

DogfighterZen

"Sticks and stones may break some bones but a 3.57's gonna blow your damn head off!!"