Author Topic: A PR Comet  (Read 9913 times)

Offline PR19_Kit

• Closeted Take That fan
  • What-IF SIG
  • Needs A Life Outside What-If
  • Whiffing since the 70s
Re: A PR Comet
« Reply #45 on: August 06, 2015, 07:57:27 am »
Heyford exhausts go up from the manifold, slightly swept, and then make quite a sharp turn FORWARDS!  :o

No, I have no idea why they do that and I fitted them to my Hawker Cyclone pointing more conventionally backward.

Any aircraft can be improved by fitting longer wings, and/or a longer fuselage

...and I'm not a closeted 'Take That' fan, I'm a REAL fan! :)

Regards
Kit

Offline Modelling_Mushi

• Makes own decals
    • My Science Fiction - Hawking Radiation
« Reply #46 on: August 07, 2015, 03:16:21 am »
Lovely build, good sleek lines. I did read that DH had put a bomber (?) variant to the Air MInistry that was knocked back. Wonder how a PR offering would have gone in real life?

Anyway there she is, an enjoyable build despite her 58 years of age. Will Airfix finally retire her when she hits 60 ?

Well, if shes in Australia there is bugger all chance. Retirement age is creeping towards 67 plus now, I'm sure they will increase it every few years just to keep us wage slaves hanging on.
Going to be finished in 2018 BEFORE I start any da*!#d new ones - CF-IDS Wolverine; Douglas Mawson; Bubba Wants a Fishin' Rig; HP Hartlepool; NA F-100

Against the Wall - Maton Dreadnought; Fender Telecaster; Epiphone Les Paul Studio

Offline zenrat

• Currently on double secret probation.
« Reply #47 on: August 07, 2015, 03:47:35 am »
Members (never was a word more appropriate) of parliament of course can retire earlier than that...
Fred

Another ill conceived, lazily thought out, crudely executed and badly painted piece of half arsed what-if modelling muppetry from zenrat industries.

My name is Commander William Riker.  Take me to your women.

Offline NARSES2

• Nick was always on his mind - just ask the Pet Shop Boys
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #48 on: August 07, 2015, 06:32:46 am »
Lovely build, good sleek lines. I did read that DH had put a bomber (?) variant to the Air MInistry that was knocked back. Wonder how a PR offering would have gone in real life?

Ah that is interesting, thank you  :thumbsup:

So perhaps do a Hart replacement first and then do the fighter version as a Fury replacement ?

maybe I need to acquire two kits

Retirement age is going up to 66 in the UK in 2018 ? I'm 65 in 2017 but I retired at 55 anyway  ;D Bought 10 years and got my full pension then so why work the extra ?  :rolleyes:
Decals my @r$e!

Offline Captain Canada

• "but this time it's different. I was drunk when I agreed to it."
« Reply #49 on: August 07, 2015, 09:47:20 am »
That looks so good Chris ! Love how fast and smooth she looks...and the open and detailed cockpit is a very nice touch.

:wub: :cheers:
CANADA KICKS arse !!!!

Long Live the Commonwealth !!!
Vive les Canadiens !
Where's my beer ?

Offline kitbasher

• What-IF SIG
  • bashes kits
« Reply #50 on: August 08, 2015, 03:27:46 am »
Very pretty, Chris.  And Camotint too!

And it's your first Comet?  Blimey - I must have built at least three over the years, including the BEA Comet earlier this year.  Another three in the stash - two for whiffery and one real world.  I do wish Airfix would bring out a new Comet - the SBS kit (http://www.hannants.co.uk/product/SBSK7003) looks beautiful but at 30...?).
What If? & Secret Project SIG member.
On the go: Arrow/Beaumaris/Battle/Bronco GA.1/Barracuda/CASA 2.217/Corsair GR1/EE P12/Hawker P1104/Hawker P1067/Hellcat IV/Ice Cream Tank/JP T4/Jumo MiG-15/Macchi MC.205/Phantom FG1/Puffin/Sea Hawk T7/Spitfire XII/Ta154/Val/Spitfire 25/FrankenCOIN/Twin Otter

Offline Captain Canada

• "but this time it's different. I was drunk when I agreed to it."
« Reply #51 on: August 08, 2015, 04:12:49 am »
Uh, it`s resin. But I do agree that seeing a new one from Airfix would be a treat ! Whif in a box.

:thumbsup:
CANADA KICKS arse !!!!

Long Live the Commonwealth !!!
Vive les Canadiens !
Where's my beer ?

Offline kitbasher

• What-IF SIG
  • bashes kits
« Reply #52 on: September 13, 2015, 12:47:28 am »
Lovely build Chris, I tolds ya Camotint!

Mystic Kitbasher predicts G-ACSS re-entering military service to photograph the German invasion barges 😉
What If? & Secret Project SIG member.
On the go: Arrow/Beaumaris/Battle/Bronco GA.1/Barracuda/CASA 2.217/Corsair GR1/EE P12/Hawker P1104/Hawker P1067/Hellcat IV/Ice Cream Tank/JP T4/Jumo MiG-15/Macchi MC.205/Phantom FG1/Puffin/Sea Hawk T7/Spitfire XII/Ta154/Val/Spitfire 25/FrankenCOIN/Twin Otter

Offline Glenn Gilbertson

• Had fish & chips in Hull once
  • Remembers when Airfix kits cost 2s (0.10)
« Reply #53 on: September 13, 2015, 04:56:07 pm »
Beautiful looker - well built as well! :thumbsup: