Adam Savage/Tested: Star Wars Droid competition.

Started by Weaver, June 17, 2015, 12:39:07 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Weaver

So the last building used by ILM to create models for Star Wars in the 1970s closed recently and Adam got hold of some of the racking and supplies and used it to transform his workshop.

Here's the video. Have a stab at estimating the cost of buying all those supplies today, at retail prices, if you want to be depressed/envious...

"Things need not have happened to be true. Tales and dreams are the shadow-truths that will endure when mere facts are dust and ashes, and forgot."
 - Sandman: A Midsummer Night's Dream, by Neil Gaiman

"I dunno, I'm making this up as I go."
 - Indiana Jones

Weaver

How Star Wars: Ahsoka's Jedi Shuttle Filming Model Was Made:

Beautiful model!  :wub:
"Things need not have happened to be true. Tales and dreams are the shadow-truths that will endure when mere facts are dust and ashes, and forgot."

- Indiana Jones

Weaver

Adam Savage and Fon Davies Build a Homeworld 3 Spaceship - the Homeworld 3 game is out now.

- Indiana Jones

Weaver

Adam Savage Designs His Dream Star Wars-Inspired Droid.

This is a promotion for a competition organized by Lucasfilm and the CAD software company to promote the new Acolyte series.
It's really interesting to see how you can design your own model kit in just a few days (with lots of experience, of course).

- Indiana Jones

kerick

So when does that droid come out as a kit by Bandai?

" Somewhere, between half true, and completely crazy, is a rainbow of nice colours "
Tophe the Wise