Seaknight & M16, red : primary seaplanes

Started by ericr, April 23, 2015, 01:37:25 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

ericr

Quote from: Flyer on May 16, 2015, 02:27:04 PM
That's neat! Swell may be a issue but I like the compact size. Steam catapult?

I don't know the details : in a whiff world it just works  ;D

ericr

by the way, the previous pictures were uncomplete : here come the engine hoods closed :

ericr

this central float version is just lovely, and I like to have it civilianized in yellow (a bit like the Tintin Ar296A), and the Revell 1/32 kit is very neat and very large :

Tophe

[the word "realistic" hurts my heart...]

ericr

a bit more whiff : the Beechcraft Kansan (PM kit, much better than I expected actually) with the floats from a Revell/Matchbox Twin Otter :

ericr

Quote from: Flyer on July 18, 2015, 11:56:32 AM
:thumbsup:

thanks!
now I look at the nose I realize it could have been painted straighter ...
I like glass-nosed planes, like the Droop P-38 too

Captain Canada

Very nice. Love the Arado looks mint. The Kansan is a very good idea as well....I could see that as an actual trainer or SAR type.

:cheers:
CANADA KICKS arse !!!!

Long Live the Commonwealth !!!
Vive les Canadiens !
Where's my beer ?

ericr

thanks!

the Kansan could indeed have a more "real" livery, while being still a whiff of course  ;) if someone's inspired

jcf

Beech 18s on floats aren't unusual so an AT-11 Kansan on floats isn't too much of a stretch, although a US Navy
JRB/SNB on floats would be most likely.

ericr

Quote from: joncarrfarrelly on July 23, 2015, 09:11:34 PM
Beech 18s on floats aren't unusual so an AT-11 Kansan on floats isn't too much of a stretch, although a US Navy
JRB/SNB on floats would be most likely.

yes indeed, Beech 18s are often floatplanized ; the Kansan has that special glass nose as an add-on, to my taste

I usually do single color paintings, to undeline the shape of planes, but inspired people are welcome to try out more earthly liveries on the same kits arrangements

Cobra

Your Kansan Was Very Cool & Well Done :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup: i Almost thought it was a Modified Sky King type Aircraft, You did a Superb Job! Have You Ever Painted a Piper Tri Pacer in a Primary Color? Stay Cool :cheers: :cheers: :cheers: :cheers: :cheers: :cheers: Dan

ericr

Quote from: Cobra on July 25, 2015, 02:00:54 AM
Your Kansan Was Very Cool & Well Done :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup: i Almost thought it was a Modified Sky King type Aircraft, You did a Superb Job! Have You Ever Painted a Piper Tri Pacer in a Primary Color? Stay Cool :cheers: :cheers: :cheers: :cheers: :cheers: :cheers: Dan

thanks!

I don't know if there is a Piper Tri Pacer kit? I have a few Cubs, including a floatplanized Twin Cub

ericr

Quote from: Flyer on July 25, 2015, 06:39:28 AM
:bow: :mellow:

Are the fuselage's staggered?

just a longer axis for one of the propellers, like in the real world  ;) :

PR19_Kit

Quote from: ericr on July 25, 2015, 05:56:34 AM

I don't know if there is a Piper Tri Pacer kit?

I have an idea that Monogram did one back in the 60s, probably in 1/48 scale.
Kit's Rule 1 ) Any aircraft can be improved by fitting longer wings, and/or a longer fuselage
Kit's Rule 2) The backstory can always be changed to suit the model

...and I'm not a closeted 'Take That' fan, I'm a REAL fan! :)

Regards
Kit

ericr

when helicopters float, they are usually equipped twin floats, and sometimes with a hull like flying boats.

But never (to the best of my modest knowledge) with a single central float (like tho Arado196 above), and additional smaller side stabilizers.

There had to be some justice done here, and so I volunteered for the necessary mission.

I had to choose the helicopter appropriately, notably w.r.t. the side floats, and I had a spare 1/48 Arado 196 float : the ideal candidate was the so particularly looking Mi24 (after some hesitation for the more angular Ka-58) :