A couple of Century Series

Started by kerick, November 12, 2014, 06:44:06 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Captain Canada

Looks great. I love the camo and colours, really suit th Voodoo well. If you just look at the tail you'd think it was a 101 that stayed in service ! The mods you have done sure do change the look of it. Nice work !

:cheers:
CANADA KICKS arse !!!!

Long Live the Commonwealth !!!
Vive les Canadiens !
Where's my beer ?

DogfighterZen

Great job on the Voodoo, one can say: "You know the ways of black magic!"  ;D :cheers:
"Sticks and stones may break some bones but a 3.57's gonna blow your damn head off!!"

kerick

F-101E Voodoo II is finally finished!

Touch up and detail painting and gluing on the fiddly bits didn't take as long as I thought. All in all I think it turned out very well. A few spots could have been done better but then I could also be working on this until the cows come home. Anyway, I hope you like it.

Here's a link to the entire album if you are so inclined, https://www.flickr.com/gp/128586659@N07/V442j6
" Somewhere, between half true, and completely crazy, is a rainbow of nice colours "
Tophe the Wise

PR19_Kit

Love it!  :wub: :thumbsup: :bow:

The new nose and the EVIL sharkmouth really do it.  ;D
Kit's Rule 1 ) Any aircraft can be improved by fitting longer wings, and/or a longer fuselage
Kit's Rule 2) The backstory can always be changed to suit the model

...and I'm not a closeted 'Take That' fan, I'm a REAL fan! :)

Regards
Kit

DogfighterZen

I like it!! :thumbsup: The LERX looks good on it, what plastic did you use for those?

"Sticks and stones may break some bones but a 3.57's gonna blow your damn head off!!"

zenrat

Fred

- Can't be bothered to do the proper research and get it right.

Another ill conceived, lazily thought out, crudely executed and badly painted piece of half arsed what-if modelling muppetry from zenrat industries.

zenrat industries:  We're everywhere...for your convenience..

Captain Canada

Great stuff. It look so different yet so Voodoo. When you see the pic from the underside she looks all Voodoo. Love the weapons load and paint scheme.

:tornado: :wub:
CANADA KICKS arse !!!!

Long Live the Commonwealth !!!
Vive les Canadiens !
Where's my beer ?

kerick

Quote from: DogfighterZen on May 25, 2015, 05:14:04 PM
I like it!! :thumbsup: The LERX looks good on it, what plastic did you use for those?

The LERX were made from polystyrene tumbler size drink cups. Very brittle plastic but the curve was just right to fit the upper lip of the intakes.
" Somewhere, between half true, and completely crazy, is a rainbow of nice colours "
Tophe the Wise

NARSES2

That's come out really well  :thumbsup:
Do not condemn the judgement of another because it differs from your own. You may both be wrong.

Dizzyfugu

kerick

Thanks for the comments. I am rather proud of this one. Modeling work has stopped as my arm is in a sling from patting myself on the back so much. I tried to include things McDonald Douglas had come up with over the years.
Tophe the Wise

DogfighterZen

Quote from: kerick on May 25, 2015, 09:27:16 PM
The LERX were made from polystyrene tumbler size drink cups. Very brittle plastic but the curve was just right to fit the upper lip of the intakes.

That's good thinking, thanks! I've used an old plastic CD case for Wings and when i saw the LERXs unpainted, thought it looked familiar.  ;D
Also, i like the weapons load, this would be much more of a dogfighter than the real one... and i like that!  :wacko: ;D