Author Topic: TallEng's Modelling musing  (Read 763 times)

Offline NARSES2

• Nick was always on his mind - just ask the Pet Shop Boys
  • Global Moderator
  • Needs A Life Outside What-If
Re: TallEng's Modelling musing
« Reply #30 on: June 11, 2020, 05:16:22 am »

The very next article in the magazine was about the RW Swift FR5, and in all the pics of the aircraft not a single panel line could be seen! It made the review a total waste of magazine space.

Especially in 1/72 scale. I was once told, "stand 72 feet away from the real thing and what can you see ?"
Decals my @r$e!

Offline Rheged

• Growing older is inevitable, growing up isn't!
« Reply #31 on: June 11, 2020, 05:33:21 am »

The very next article in the magazine was about the RW Swift FR5, and in all the pics of the aircraft not a single panel line could be seen! It made the review a total waste of magazine space.

Especially in 1/72 scale. I was once told, "stand 72 feet away from the real thing and what can you see ?"

This is a reasonable, logical thought.  It's a variant of my little sister's idea that most pictures/models/crafts are "20 foot items".  If you don't look too closely you get the best view.
"If you can keep your head when all about you
Are losing theirs and blaming it on you....."
It  means that you read  the instruction sheet

Offline NARSES2

• Nick was always on his mind - just ask the Pet Shop Boys
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #32 on: June 11, 2020, 05:37:10 am »

This is a reasonable, logical thought.  It's a variant of my little sister's idea that most pictures/models/crafts are "20 foot items".  If you don't look too closely you get the best view.

If this is the little sister who terrorised who pupils, then I'm not going to argue  :angel: ;) ;D
Decals my @r$e!