General Modelling Forum > Modeling Blogs

Steel Penguins braying

(1/200) > >>

Steel Penguin:
well, in an effort to record what ive done, and have it seen ( my old way was a bit of A4 blutacked to the wall) I think ill do one of these interweb blog dofer thinigys.
I dought it will be as pithy and entreating as some of the others round here but its as bought as good as itll get.

so on the just finished list are ( 28mm wargames stuff first)
7 Hasslefree hazmats, ( 2 comms, a giger counter, a flamer, and 3 normal g36 armed troops) in "civilian orange"
1 Citadel Eternal champion box moonglum
1 Crocadile games avatar of hourus ( bird feet and wings version)

My 1:48 TSR2 NASA launch chase plane ( sniper pod off set by the sidebay door and a Airfix Jaguar recon pod under each wing)

total 9 figures   1 model

in the clear space on the desk now ive got from crooked dice in 28mm 4 normal astronoughts  ( think space1999) 3 armed verions of the above and a river song version of the above plus a small 6 wheeled moon buggy from Ainsty,  and at clean up ive 14 14 more hazmats, tough thse are going to end up in a more "military" colour and been added to, on the comms and giger counter carryers with sidearms, and a MGL 40, and Armbrust on 2 of the riflemen. Ive 2 Ainsty vehicles to undercoat  and an Ainsty cargo container to spar as well.
should keep me out of mischief  for a wile.
  Oh and anyone know the best way to get the paint off the top half of a Dinky SHADO mobile? as im thinking of having that as the transport for the hazmats

NARSES2:

--- Quote from: Steel Penguin on June 22, 2013, 01:55:36 pm ---  Oh and anyone know the best way to get the paint off the top half of a Dinky SHADO mobile? as im thinking of having that as the transport for the hazmats

--- End quote ---

What's it made from ?

Steel Penguin:
Narses2 its the Dinky diecast one, so some form of metal,  ive heard several options ( fairy power spray, nitromors and hot water). Im wondering if any one has any experience and can offer advise based on prior experience.

Rheged:
I  believe that the alloy Dinky toys are cast from is"MAZAC",  an alloy of magnesium, aluminium, zinc and copper.  It's also known as ZAMAK.... see  high powered research document here......

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mazak_(alloy)

I used nitromors to strip a lousy repaint on an old Dinky toy without it causing  a catastrophe

Steel Penguin:
nitromors itll have to be then, I need to get some in and then wait for some good weather, as I have no dought ill end up using it outdoors, as I don't want to be splashing it round either the kitchen or modelling room.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version