ZOMBIE THEME GENERAL DISCUSSION AREA

Started by Go4fun, February 15, 2013, 03:47:14 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

kerick

How about something like a tail wheel from an aircraft?
" Somewhere, between half true, and completely crazy, is a rainbow of nice colours "
Tophe the Wise

Go4fun

I tried one and it was too small and complcated. This is "Farmyard Art" at it's finest. Real fencewire, cotton baling twine and duct tape work.
:thumbsup:
"Just which planet are you from again"?

Go4fun

Gentle persons, I am sorry to have been remiss not only with my project but with trying to keep you all encouraged.
My older sister has reached the decision I just HAD to have a automobile. She took it on herself to make a plan to team up with my cousin and they soon worked it out between themselves that I was the proud owner of a 1992 Buick Regal Coupe with the 3.8  V-6 with her paying for it and him selling it. *sigh* Family. Can't change their minds once they get set on something, too hard to hide the bodies.
So I had to go through the totally pain in regions better only viewed by my doctors or lovers of getting my license I let expire 8 years ago reinstated. That involved getting a birth certificate so I could get a certified ID card so I could take the written test and on and on with mandatory waits of two weeks for every piece of paper to be mailed.
So if you will bear with me a week or two longer so I can get the car inspected, tagged, and parked in my drive to rot I can once again give these fine builds of the members of this forum the attention they deserve.
Thank you for bearing with me.

kerick

You can pick your friends and your nose but you can't pick your family! :banghead:
" Somewhere, between half true, and completely crazy, is a rainbow of nice colours "
Tophe the Wise

Mossie

Sounds similar to what happened to my Dad years ago.  He bought an old Volvo 240 but in very good condition and he loved it.  Bit of a tank but he liked big cars and best of all it had a special slot between the rear seats specifically for carrying his fishing rods.  He'd only had it a few months when my Grandma (his mother in-law) decided she was selling her Vauxhall Cavalier and my Dad would buy it off her cheap because he was family.

He didn't want it, he loved the Volvo, didn't like the Cavalier and didn't want to pay for something when he had a perfectly good car.  He got strong-armed into it, went along with it to keep the peace which eventually ended up backfiring as he resented the whole mess.  He had the Cavalier a few years, but in that time it was stolen and then written off after an electrical fire.  The insurance company wouldn't pay out for it so he ended up with a string of very cheap bangers.  Families eh??? :banghead:
I don't think it's nice, you laughin'. You see, my mule don't like people laughin'. He gets the crazy idea you're laughin' at him. Now if you apologize, like I know you're going to, I might convince him that you really didn't mean it.

Librarian

Quote from: Mossie on July 17, 2014, 01:39:02 AM
my Grandma (his mother in-law) decided she was selling her Vauxhall Cavalier and my Dad would buy it off her cheap because he was family.

Oh I just love that part "decided...my Dad WOULD buy it off her". "Cheap" becomes almost redundant ;D

I was forced by my Father into buying a Volkswagen Passat estate from his friend. "Perfect Condition" etc etc. He was/is a very rich man and sold it to me for £500. The car was a disaster and when fully checked quickly taken off the road. In the paperwork I found a receipt and he had bought it five years earlier for, you guessed it, £500. When I demanded my cash back my Father came down on me like the whole affair was my fault..."How dare you embarass me" etc etc. The rich, I can tell you, are only good for eating.

Yours sincerely
Hannibal Lecter

Mossie

Quote from: Librarian on July 17, 2014, 01:57:17 AM
Oh I just love that part "decided...my Dad WOULD buy it off her". "Cheap" becomes almost redundant ;D

I was forced by my Father into buying a Volkswagen Passat estate from his friend. "Perfect Condition" etc etc. He was/is a very rich man and sold it to me for £500. The car was a disaster and when fully checked quickly taken off the road. In the paperwork I found a receipt and he had bought it five years earlier for, you guessed it, £500. When I demanded my cash back my Father came down on me like the whole affair was my fault..."How dare you embarass me" etc etc. The rich, I can tell you, are only good for eating.

Yours sincerely
Hannibal Lecter

That's pretty much it, the car was worth £2500 at the time, my Grandma "only" wanted £2000!  Before this, my Dad had never paid more than a few hundred, his philosophy was to buy some old but decent car and drive it into the ground.  I think he eventually paid a lot less, but it still wasn't his idea of cheap!

Oh, my Dad did similar things too, despite the experience with my Grandma!  I wanted a motorbike, and my Dad said a workmate was selling one 'cheap'.  It was some east European job that you couldn't get spares for here and my mates laughed their heads off at me, fortunately I sold it on again without loss and never bought a bike again.  He tried to do the same thing with my first car, he was very enthusiastic about an Astra another workmate was selling (a theme there!).  We drove round and I wouldn't get out to look at it as it riddled with rust holes, my Dad was still trying to convince me to buy it until he had to concede it was a wreck after looking it over for ten minutes!  He took more of a back seat after that and the first car I got was just his thing, old but a good runner.
I don't think it's nice, you laughin'. You see, my mule don't like people laughin'. He gets the crazy idea you're laughin' at him. Now if you apologize, like I know you're going to, I might convince him that you really didn't mean it.

Librarian

The funniest part of this story was a mate/neighbour took the car for scrap. He brought one of those big flatbeds with a crane. As the car was hoisted up the whole rear axle and assorted pipes, parts etc fell off :blink:.

Go4fun

Quote from: Mossie on July 17, 2014, 01:39:02 AM
Sounds similar to what happened to my Dad years ago.  He bought an old Volvo 240 but in very good condition and he loved it.  Bit of a tank but he liked big cars and best of all it had a special slot between the rear seats specifically for carrying his fishing rods.  He'd only had it a few months when my Grandma (his mother in-law) decided she was selling her Vauxhall Cavalier and my Dad would buy it off her cheap because he was family.

He didn't want it, he loved the Volvo, didn't like the Cavalier and didn't want to pay for something when he had a perfectly good car.  He got strong-armed into it, went along with it to keep the peace which eventually ended up backfiring as he resented the whole mess.  He had the Cavalier a few years, but in that time it was stolen and then written off after an electrical fire.  The insurance company wouldn't pay out for it so he ended up with a string of very cheap bangers.  Families eh??? :banghead:
Was there ever a car with the name 'Cavalier on it that was really worth owning?

Mossie

My Dad certainly didn't think so!  My Grandad disagreed though, he had just about every mark of the Vauxhall Cavalier, and it's predecessor the Viva.  I've never personally got on with Vauxhalls and I've never bought one myself, like you say, I always feel like they lag behind the opposition.

McColm

My step-father had the MkI until the clutch went, the factory fitted sunroof leaked and you could only get Radio 2.
He bought the Mk2 1.8L ,brilliant car .I thought until I wrote it off. The Vectra was rubbish-loads of engine trouble. Got a two litre Carlton estate in the end.

Go4fun

We used to call Cavaliers "Cadavers' as we knew they should soon be dead. Even the Chevy Vega got more respect because the Canadians built one called the Chevrolet Astre with a 305 V-8 engine and a Muncie 4 speed tranny. Made ordering mounts to put a 350- 4 speed combination in your Vega or Pontiac Astre just a snap.