Author Topic: Nils's WHIF activity blog  (Read 92470 times)

Offline TheChronicOne

• Needs A Life Outside What-If
  • -Sprues McDuck-
Re: Nils's WHIF activity blog
« Reply #720 on: October 13, 2020, 06:45:47 pm »
Good about work!
-Sprues McDuck-

Offline Pellson

• Kitbasher
« Reply #721 on: October 14, 2020, 01:21:19 am »
Praise the Lord and pass the ammunition!

Online zenrat

• Currently on double secret probation.
Fred

Another ill conceived, lazily thought out, crudely executed and badly painted piece of half arsed what-if modelling muppetry from zenrat industries.

zenrat industries:  We're everywhere for your convenience..

Offline NARSES2

• Nick was always on his mind - just ask the Pet Shop Boys
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #723 on: October 14, 2020, 07:26:30 am »
Indeed hope the work offer goes well Nils  :thumbsup:

A Belgian AF P-39 is a very good idea  :thumbsup: I may have to borrow it  ;)
Decals my @r$e!

Offline Nick

• What-IF SIG
« Reply #724 on: October 14, 2020, 10:28:10 am »
Blog Entry #297

as for the rest, everything else has been but on hold as to ease the stress. the jobhunting has been put into high gear this week, but ive been encountering the same problems i had 3 years ago, namely the fact that they call me without even reading my resume and information, calling for jobs that are irrelevant to my knowledge and skill (you dont ask for a dentist when you need a butcher) or are too far out of range or pay less then my previous job. aside from that, im also dealing with a long-term personal issue, but i wont go into that just yet until im fully sure.

more soon...

I've been applying online for jobs and one particular job firm has turned out not to be a recruitment agency but an IT firm that scrapes lots of jobs from other sites and reposts them.
I've been applying for receptionist and front desk and office jobs through them. Thanks to their 'unique algorithm' they think I'm a qualified Dental Nurse. :banghead:

Offline NARSES2

• Global Moderator
« Reply #725 on: October 15, 2020, 06:12:12 am »

Thanks to their 'unique algorithm' they think I'm a qualified Dental Nurse. :banghead:

I don't think you can argue with the fact that their algorithm is unique. Practical, worthwhile and accurate however is another matter  :rolleyes:
Decals my @r$e!

Offline Nils

• Belgium's "Iceman"
  • Execute in scale 144!
« Reply #726 on: October 26, 2020, 03:05:07 pm »
Blog Entry #299

making more progress on the bench. with the 1/72 H145M now finished, i have started 4 1/144 warbirds, 2 WHIF and 2 realworld.
the 2 What If's are part of my 1/144 WW2 WHIF's series, these are a Belgian Grumman G-36A (F4F Wildcat/Martlet Mk.I) and Belgian P-39 Airacobra. (fun fact:  Belgium really did order the Airacobra and Martlet prior to the german invasion of may 10 1940, but none were delivered, the Martlets were then transfered to the Fleet Air Arm and Airacobra's were diverted to the RAF & USAAC). i was'nt planning the Airacobra, but the information on the Belgian P-39/P-400 i discovered recently.

in that same collection, i have a Roden 1/144 Boeing 307 (civil airliner based on the B-17), i was thinking of building it as either a USAAC C-75 or an RAF transport aircraft. im currently making a list of potential project, including Polish and Israeli Hurricane Mk.1's, French Spitfire Mk.1's, Czechoslovak and Dutch Bf.109E's....

more soon...
on the bench:

-all kinds of things.

Offline Nils

• Belgium's "Iceman"
  • Execute in scale 144!
« Reply #727 on: November 01, 2020, 08:04:01 am »
Blog Entry #300

Work is going fast but smoothly, im working on 5 1/144 warbirds, these are a P-40, Hurricane Mk.1, Fairey Battle, Grumman Wildcat and a P-39 Airacobra. the latter 2 are What If's in Belgian markings. they are now nearing completion, all of them are fully painted, except for the P-39 and P-40, who  still need paint on the underside.

these little builds have given me the motivation to do more, im currently making plans for a few Douglas SDB-5 Dauntless dive bombers (maybe one as an A-24 Banshee). as for the Roden Boeing 307, im thinking either a constripted RAF or US Navy C-75 transport. i have onther 1/144 DC-3, i could turn it into an early war transport aircraft for the Belgian Military Aviation (impounded SABENA DC-3's, with the silver/olive scheme as seen on the Gloster Gladiator).

ive also did freehand airbrushing for the first time when applying camoflage to 4 of the warbirds, and i must say, it went quite well for a first try. here's a picture of the Fairey Battle, post-painting.

more soon...

on the bench:

-all kinds of things.

Offline NARSES2

• Global Moderator
« Reply #728 on: November 02, 2020, 05:51:41 am »

ive also did freehand airbrushing for the first time when applying camoflage to 4 of the warbirds, and i must say, it went quite well for a first try. here's a picture of the Fairey Battle, post-painting.

That's looking good Nils  :thumbsup:
Decals my @r$e!

Offline TheChronicOne

• -Sprues McDuck-
« Reply #729 on: November 12, 2020, 11:16:11 pm »
Late as usual, I'm making my rounds and I love the way this is looking!   Also...... hello chop-stick brother!  ;D
-Sprues McDuck-

Offline Nils

• Belgium's "Iceman"
  • Execute in scale 144!
« Reply #730 on: November 13, 2020, 02:41:47 am »
Blog Entry #301

with the bench now mostly cleared, im ready to begin on quite a large scratchbuild project.
this is a diorama of the Area 88 Air Base, featuring a number of buildings, aircraft, vehicles, lightposts and various details.
i still need to figure out what extra details im gonna add in the future when im nearing completion.

as a side project, i had a small piece of shelf left from works a fey years ago, so i dressed it up with grass and some leftover diorama trees. im gonna use this to photograph WW2 propellor fighters on in the future.

More soon....

on the bench:

-all kinds of things.

Offline Nils

• Belgium's "Iceman"
  • Execute in scale 144!
« Reply #731 on: November 22, 2020, 10:18:26 am »
Blog Entry #302

little progress since last entry. in 1/144 scale im still working on the Area 88 airbase diorama. the first hangar is now mostly completed (albeit without a roof) and the main assembly for the maintainance hangar is mostly done. i wont add the roofs until the insides are fully painted and internally detailed.

thats about it, most of the time ive been reorganising and cleaning out, just to see if i can gain some more space.
i just sorted out the decals sparesbox, roundels and serials im keeping, the rest went into the garbage can (i had no use for them). still need to sort out the DIY decals and spare parts. im also planning on replacing some faulty drawer units with new ones, but due to financial problems, those plans are now delayed.

another thing ive been doing is sorting out the 1/144 warbird collection, i have so many Revell Microwings in the stash that are just begging to be Whiffed. ive already got plans for my remaining 1/144 Bf109E's (3) and F's (2).
for the Emil's im planning Swiss (realworld), Dutch and Austrian versions, for the F's im planning an realworld German and WHIF Czechoslovak version. i have already planned out 2 spitfire Mk.1's, 2 Hurricane Mk.1's (maybe with some added Mk.II conversions) and lots more to follow, still wondering what to do with all those Typhoons and Tempests.

more soon....
on the bench:

-all kinds of things.