Author Topic: Nils's WHIF activity blog  (Read 91143 times)

Offline TheChronicOne

• Needs A Life Outside What-If
  • -Sprues McDuck-
Re: Nils's WHIF activity blog
« Reply #720 on: October 13, 2020, 06:45:47 pm »
Good about work!
-Sprues McDuck-

Offline Pellson

• Kitbasher
« Reply #721 on: October 14, 2020, 01:21:19 am »
Praise the Lord and pass the ammunition!

Offline zenrat

• Currently on double secret probation.
Fred

Another ill conceived, lazily thought out, crudely executed and badly painted piece of half arsed what-if modelling muppetry from zenrat industries.

zenrat industries:  We're everywhere for your convenience..

Offline NARSES2

• Nick was always on his mind - just ask the Pet Shop Boys
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #723 on: October 14, 2020, 07:26:30 am »
Indeed hope the work offer goes well Nils  :thumbsup:

A Belgian AF P-39 is a very good idea  :thumbsup: I may have to borrow it  ;)
Decals my @r$e!

Offline Nick

• What-IF SIG
« Reply #724 on: October 14, 2020, 10:28:10 am »
Blog Entry #297

as for the rest, everything else has been but on hold as to ease the stress. the jobhunting has been put into high gear this week, but ive been encountering the same problems i had 3 years ago, namely the fact that they call me without even reading my resume and information, calling for jobs that are irrelevant to my knowledge and skill (you dont ask for a dentist when you need a butcher) or are too far out of range or pay less then my previous job. aside from that, im also dealing with a long-term personal issue, but i wont go into that just yet until im fully sure.

more soon...

I've been applying online for jobs and one particular job firm has turned out not to be a recruitment agency but an IT firm that scrapes lots of jobs from other sites and reposts them.
I've been applying for receptionist and front desk and office jobs through them. Thanks to their 'unique algorithm' they think I'm a qualified Dental Nurse. :banghead:

Offline NARSES2

• Nick was always on his mind - just ask the Pet Shop Boys
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #725 on: October 15, 2020, 06:12:12 am »

Thanks to their 'unique algorithm' they think I'm a qualified Dental Nurse. :banghead:

I don't think you can argue with the fact that their algorithm is unique. Practical, worthwhile and accurate however is another matter  :rolleyes:
Decals my @r$e!

Offline Nils

• Belgium's "Iceman"
  • Execute in scale 144!
« Reply #726 on: October 26, 2020, 03:05:07 pm »
Blog Entry #299

making more progress on the bench. with the 1/72 H145M now finished, i have started 4 1/144 warbirds, 2 WHIF and 2 realworld.
the 2 What If's are part of my 1/144 WW2 WHIF's series, these are a Belgian Grumman G-36A (F4F Wildcat/Martlet Mk.I) and Belgian P-39 Airacobra. (fun fact:  Belgium really did order the Airacobra and Martlet prior to the german invasion of may 10 1940, but none were delivered, the Martlets were then transfered to the Fleet Air Arm and Airacobra's were diverted to the RAF & USAAC). i was'nt planning the Airacobra, but the information on the Belgian P-39/P-400 i discovered recently.

in that same collection, i have a Roden 1/144 Boeing 307 (civil airliner based on the B-17), i was thinking of building it as either a USAAC C-75 or an RAF transport aircraft. im currently making a list of potential project, including Polish and Israeli Hurricane Mk.1's, French Spitfire Mk.1's, Czechoslovak and Dutch Bf.109E's....

more soon...
on the bench:

-all kinds of things.