Author Topic: Narses2's Blog - or what I'm slowly making progress on  (Read 200534 times)

Offline Old Wombat

• Needs A Life Outside What-If
  • Armour: The Gods of War love it!
Re: Narses2's Blog - or what I'm slowly making progress on
« Reply #2415 on: August 29, 2019, 09:50:47 am »
Not a scale I can work in. That entire tank is only as long as the main gun barrel of the one I'm building right now. Well done, Chris! :thumbsup:
Has a life outside of What-If & wishes it would stop interfering!

"The purpose of all War is Peace" - St. Augustine

veritas ad mortus veritas est

Offline NARSES2

• Nick was always on his mind - just ask the Pet Shop Boys
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #2416 on: August 30, 2019, 06:25:47 am »
Thanks mate. I've just received a couple more as I found this quite relaxing in a way. I do need to look into getting some good smallish "flush edge" ? sprue cutters though. I've got some reasonable ones but they are still a little clunky for this job. Need to look around at the next show I go to.
Decals my @r$e!

Online joncarrfarrelly

• Bertie Bassett
  • What-IF SIG
  • Turn that Gila-copter down!
« Reply #2417 on: August 30, 2019, 01:51:36 pm »
Thanks mate. I've just received a couple more as I found this quite relaxing in a way. I do need to look into getting some good smallish "flush edge" ? sprue cutters though. I've got some reasonable ones but they are still a little clunky for this job. Need to look around at the next show I go to.

Here ya go.  ;D :wacko:

https://www.amazon.co.uk/God-Hand-SPN-120-Ultimate-Nipper/dp/B00T5IH8PI/ref=dp_ob_title_toy
"Evil our grandsires were, our fathers worse;
And we, till now unmatched in ill,
Must leave successors more corrupted still."
Horace, 65BC - 8BC. Marsh translation.

Online TheChronicOne

• -Sprues McDuck-
« Reply #2418 on: August 30, 2019, 03:54:36 pm »
I have a pair of Xurons. 2175ET. I have a chinese knock-off type that cost a fraction that these did,are very similar in make, but I still use frequently. Here's the thing, for a lot of general snipping out of parts, they produce similar results and I use my cheap pair frequently to extend the life of my Xurons. Where they differ largely is when it comes to snipping out small and delicate parts. The cheap pair snaps things in half they shouldn't and send tiny parts flying across the room whereas the Xurons will cut them out properly without breaking or bending them too much and the cutting action is very smooth and the parts don't go flying.

Xurons were worth the price of admission for cutting the small and delicate parts but for "normal" snipping it left sprue gate remnants just about as much as the cheap pair.

With this said, those God Hand nippers.......   well, I plan to get some soon myself for the ULTIMATE CUT because I've seen videos and stuff and these make such nice cuts that even the sprue gate remnants almost completely disappear. The cuts are clean and level and are an upgrade from the Xurons I have.

In conclusion..... If you have the change sitting around, go ahead and skip the middle step and get the God Hand nippers and watch as you save hours over time not having to clean up things lesser nippers leave behind.

EDIT: I'm just trying to be helpful but this almost makes it look as if I'm a shill or something.  ;D ;D ;D
-Sprues McDuck-

Offline NARSES2

• Global Moderator
« Reply #2419 on: August 31, 2019, 02:20:35 am »
Cheers gents  :thumbsup:

I'll put them on my Christmas list  :thumbsup:
Decals my @r$e!

Offline zenrat

• Currently on double secret probation.
« Reply #2420 on: August 31, 2019, 02:48:59 am »

https://www.amazon.co.uk/God-Hand-SPN-120-Ultimate-Nipper/dp/B00T5IH8PI/ref=dp_ob_title_toy

That has to be the most eclectic "customers also shopped for" list I've seen in a long time.
Fred

Another ill conceived, lazily thought out, crudely executed and badly painted piece of half arsed what-if modelling muppetry from zenrat industries.

Online joncarrfarrelly

• Bertie Bassett
  • What-IF SIG
  • Turn that Gila-copter down!
« Reply #2421 on: August 31, 2019, 09:14:27 am »

That has to be the most eclectic "customers also shopped for" list I've seen in a long time.

;D ;D ;D
"Evil our grandsires were, our fathers worse;
And we, till now unmatched in ill,
Must leave successors more corrupted still."
Horace, 65BC - 8BC. Marsh translation.

Offline NARSES2

• Global Moderator
« Reply #2422 on: September 01, 2019, 05:22:34 am »

Last time my niece (read daughter I never had !) stayed she ordered some stuff from EBay using my account. You should see the selection of "suggestions" I get from them now  :rolleyes: ;) ;D

Started painting the top side of the Breda and discovered RLM 63 is way darker than I remembered it as. Still never mind probably suits a ground pounder better than a lighter shade anyway. Never the less I shall use one of the Italian lighter grays on the Cr 32
Decals my @r$e!

Offline NARSES2

• Global Moderator
« Reply #2423 on: September 08, 2019, 06:29:11 am »
Very little progress as I've been feeling decidedly rough. No idea what I had but it knocked me out for a couple of days  :-\ But I have got a coat of RLM 62 over the 63 on the Breda.

On top of that I have new window's being installed in the next couple of weeks so hopefully I can at least get my "Whirlpool" done. Paintwork is finished so she can get transfers this week.
Decals my @r$e!