Author Topic: McColm: what I'm working on, started and nearly finished 'Blog'  (Read 142476 times)

Offline McColm

• Needs A Life Outside What-If
Re: McColm: what I'm working on, started and nearly finished 'Blog'
« Reply #1425 on: February 11, 2020, 03:26:56 am »
...from the same car boot sale as the AeroClub Shackleton AEW.2 conversion set was a  diecast Polislil  Jaguar XJ 4.2 four door saloon British Police car. It's play worn in some areas with a missing rear registration plate. The front doors open,  so does the boot/trunk which  is painted red and the hood/bonnet with the 4.2 Jaguar engine. Could be 1/20 th scale, l am leaving this alone. There's a production number S 31made in Italy and it also has mounts underneath indicating that it had it's own display case or box.

Its 1/25 apparently.

https://www.carmodel.com/politoys-polistil/s635/1-25/jaguar/xj-4-2-police/10883
Thanks,  that's the one  :thumbsup:

Offline McColm

« Reply #1426 on: February 11, 2020, 03:18:21 pm »
Tuesday 11th February 2020

I've started using Squadron Products White Putty, fast dry formula on my builds. It's got the consistency of a super glue mixed with a fine filler which is proving very well on my Roden An-12 Cub which now has a pair of Nene jet engines under each wing,  all the other engines have been removed. I have some artwork of a Cub fitted with skis. It just needs a good rub down with some wet and dry papers ready for painting.

Offline McColm

« Reply #1427 on: February 15, 2020, 01:31:05 am »
Friday 14th February 2020

Two parcels were waiting for me,  one contained a 1/144 Lockheed Sea Shadow and the other a box of spares.
The box of spares had almost complete aircraft, plus a few parts I needed to complete a few of my builds including a Eurofighter- no cockpit canopy,  Shorts Toucano- most parts are there apart from the propellers,  HH-53- fuselage and rotors only,  parts of the twin P-51.
Some interesting Whiffs will be built over the next few months

Offline McColm

« Reply #1428 on: February 15, 2020, 11:42:09 pm »
Sunday 16th February 2020

The list of options for the GB Navy build keeps growing,  as I am now the proud owner of the Airfix Golden Hind(e) depends on how you spell it.
Even the Airfix BAe Nimrod MR.2P would look splendid in USNAVY colours with the words 'made in China ' somewhere exposed on the fuselage.
 A spate of accidents involving cars last night has left Blackheath blocked off opposite Greenwich Park  , buses are on diversion as far as Lewisham. Remember folks take extra care whilst driving in these conditions.

Offline McColm

« Reply #1429 on: Yesterday at 09:14:24 am »
Tuesday 18th February 2020

Been watching back to back episodes of the Australian TV series 'Sea Patrol ' whilst doing my laundry. I never knew that there was so much piracy on the coastal waters off Australia. So the actors are pretending to be Officers and enlisted crew of the Australian Navy. The early episodes have a lot of mistakes in the way the Navy operates but must have had an ex navy expert as a reference as the format gets alot better.
PSR on the An-12 Twin Nene Cub.